ram upgrade Aspire 5 A515-54G-77LY

Options
Ferro_L
Ferro_L Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi all,

I want to upgrade my laptop's ram (actually 8 GB installed) but after opening the back cover, I didn't find the 2nd slot. I'm a little bit confused. Can someone help me?

Other question: can I upgrade with 3200Mhz ram? or only with the 2666Mhz?

Where is the 2nd slot? I see only one slot as you see:

Aspire 5 A515-54G-77LY   Model. NXHNFET001

From Windows task manager i see the following info:

Thanks in advance!
L

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,868 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This model can come with an onboard ram here:

About the speed of ram, can you inform your processor model?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ferro_L

Tinkerer

Options

So, the installed ram is 4 + 8 = 12GB...???

And which is the onboard ram velocity? 

The processor is i7-10510U as you can see in the screen in the first topic.

Thanks!
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited March 2020
    Options
    On your model, the onboard ram is not installed, that is, there is a blank slot available. Therefore, windows detects two slots.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,288 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    This model comes with 4GB on-board memory and without on-board memory as well, your laptop has no on-board memory, so you have only a single slot which is currently occupied with 8GB 2666 module, so you can upgrade it with a16GB 2666MHz module, your CPU supports up to 2666MHz speed, so if you install a 3200MHz module, it may downclock to 2666MHz.
    https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/196449/intel-core-i7-10510u-processor-8m-cache-up-to-4-90-ghz.html
  • Ferro_L

Tinkerer

Options
    On your model, the onboard ram is not installed, that is, there is a blank slot available. Therefore, windows detects two slots.

I can upgrade with the following:

Is better DDR4 or LPDDR3?

The maximum memory is 20 or 64GB?

Thanks
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    your processor can accept up to 64gb of ram, but your motherboard only accepts up to 20gb, if onboard ram is installed.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ferro_L

Tinkerer

Options
    your processor can accept up to 64gb of ram, but your motherboard only accepts up to 20gb, if onboard ram is installed.
    and Is better DDR4 or LPDDR3?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Purchase the ddr4 ram.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ferro_L

Tinkerer

Options
    Purchase the ddr4 ram.
    thanks a lot for the support!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You're welcome. When purchasing ram, post the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ferro_L

Tinkerer

Options
    You're welcome. When purchasing ram, post the result here.
    Upgrade with 16GB HyeperX ram.

TOP!

Thanks
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Accept the answers that helped you.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CSChew
    CSChew Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Upgraded with HyperX 8GB 2666MHz DDR4 but get memory speed 2400MHz only. Onboard RAM 4GB speed is 2666MHz. How to set the speed to 2666MHz?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    check with cpuz too!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,778 Trailblazer
    Options
    @egydiocoelho That is my model, I have received my 4GB module (exactly the same module onboard) and ready to install it, is there a tutorial or can you give me a link how to do this safely like disconnecting the battery etc.? My BIOS is 1.18 Thanks
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer