How to dual boot ubuntu 18.04 on acer predator helios 700 PH717-71 ?

Options
Kasun94
Kasun94 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 20 in 2020 Archives
I bought an Acer Predator Helios 700  PH717-71 laptop and I wanted to dual boot Windows 10 with Ubuntu 18.04. I followed instructions from a few tutorials and still struggling to install Ubuntu. I was facing different errors during the installation. The software image created by Universal USB Installer-1.9.0

I confronted two errors,

After getting this error I just disabled "Change TPM(TCM) State" under Security and also disabled "Secure Boot" under Boot. After that, I received another error which a different error which has shown below,
After that, I tried different ways by changing options in the menu. Unfortunately, I couldn't solve out the problems and install Ubuntu. 

BIOS configuration is as shown below. 

I kindly request your help to solve this problem and install Ubuntu with Windows 10. 

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The first thing you should do, is to enable secure windows boot:

Then enter the bios and change the sata mode to ahci and let windows install the correct driver. Regarding the acpi errors in linux, I suggest you try to update the bios.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Ok! Press CTRL+S in MAIN tab.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Is windows 10 fast startup disabled in power options?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    SAbout grub, what happens when you make this change?
    About the internet connection, can you get access by connecting a rj45 ethernet cable?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The first thing you should do, is to enable secure windows boot:

Then enter the bios and change the sata mode to ahci and let windows install the correct driver. Regarding the acpi errors in linux, I suggest you try to update the bios.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You must press the windows + r keys and type msconfig. Then go to the "system boot" tab and enable "safe boot". Then restart windows and change sata mode to ahci.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Kasun94

Tinkerer

Options
    @egydiocoelho, Thank you for your assistance. After updating BIOS, It is not possible to change SATA mode to AHCI. It is currently display under "Information"

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Ok! Press CTRL+S in MAIN tab.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Kasun94

Tinkerer

Options
    @egydiocoelho, Thanks for the reply. I changed SATA mode to AHCI. But I got another error and shut down the machine

• Kasun94

Tinkerer

Options
    I solved mmx64.efi not found problem. Now I have a GRUB issue. The error is as shown below,

"The 'grub-efi-amd64-signed package failed to install into/target/. Without the GRUB boot loader, the installed system will not boot."

After that, the Installer crashed

• Kasun94

Tinkerer

Options
    After that, I tried Linux mint and I ended up with this error.

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Is windows 10 fast startup disabled in power options?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Kasun94

Tinkerer

Options
    @egydiocoelho I tried to install the old version Ubuntu 16.04. However, that was succeeded. Now the problem is WiFi. It cannot connect to WiFi maybe drivers have not installed yet. It might be solved if I could upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 version. I would like to know whether I can connect the internet by Ethernet in this situation or not? If not what can I do to update the software? 

I kindly request your opinion to solve the problem. 

Currently, I switch between Windows 10 and Ubuntu by the boot loader. I want to fix GRUB and make the boot menu as well. But I cannot do anything without the internet right now. Please help and share your knowledge to solve the problem. 

Thank you very much,
    Your support is highly appreciated. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    SAbout grub, what happens when you make this change?
    About the internet connection, can you get access by connecting a rj45 ethernet cable?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer