Spam?

LeighT
LeighT Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 12 in 2020 Archives
Received the following email and suspect it is spam.
I'm in Australia and the call centre in Phillipines is closed due to COVID-19 virus measures so I am unable to find out there if this is spam.
As a significant number of students and teachers in Australia use Acer laptops I would like to be able to inform them if it's a spam email.
I believe the pictures of the links at the end of this post should establish if this email is spam or not.

Sent: Friday, 20 March 2020 7:00 PM
Subject: Acer Weekend Sale - Monitors, Notebooks & Refurbished Models - Huge Discount
The email ended with:

Please do not reply to this email. To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please click here.(link deleted)
This e-mail has been sent in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
For details please refer to our privacy policy.(link deleted)
Specifications may vary depending on model and/or region. All models subject to availability.
Acer Computer Australia. | Building G, Level 2 | 350 Parramatta Road, Homebush West, NSW 2140 | www.acer.com(link deleted)

Pictures of these links (unsubscribe, privacy & website) follow:

Best Answer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    LeighT said:
    I'm in Australia and the call centre in Phillipines is closed due to COVID-19 virus measures so I am unable to find out there if this is spam.
    As a significant number of students and teachers in Australia use Acer laptops I would like to be able to inform them if it's a spam email.
    I believe the pictures of the links at the end of this post should establish if this email is spam or not.

Subject: Acer Weekend Sale - Monitors, Notebooks & Refurbished Models - Huge Discount
    The email ended with:

Please do not reply to this email. To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please click here.(link deleted)
    Specifications may vary depending on model and/or region. All models subject to availability.
    Acer Computer Australia. | Building G, Level 2 | 350 Parramatta Road, Homebush West, NSW 2140 | www.acer.com(link deleted)

Thank you for your comment LeighT, not to worry, this is an email for the store, not spam. You can unsubscribe from receiving this email with the instructions from the email or if you have any error or issues with unsubscribing, please send me a private with your email and a screenshot of the email received from Acer for follow up.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    LeighT said:

The email ended with:

Thank you for your comment LeighT, not to worry, this is an email for the store, not spam. You can unsubscribe from receiving this email with the instructions from the email or if you have any error or issues with unsubscribing, please send me a private with your email and a screenshot of the email received from Acer for follow up.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny