Any other trick on how to turn on an Aspire R14?

Cyd
Cyd Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
The unit was not used for a month and just found out recently that it doesn't turn on even when the battery was fully charged. I am not sure if the battery was discharged the last time I used it. I just had it fully charged before trying to open it. I already tried resetting the battery by pressing the power button for 15 seconds and let it rest for 15-20 mins before turning it on again maybe my 5th time before posting this. Any suggestion?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    It sounds like the battery is not actually taking a charge. The battery might be toast, though usually just a month sitting doesn't do that. I don't believe your model is new enough to have a battery reset pinhole on the bottom, but check to make sure. If it does do the reset and see if that will allow it to actually take a charge. If there's not battery reset then the next step is to open the back, disconnect the battery, press and hold the power button to bleeds anything residual off, then reconnect the battery and reconnect to the charger. Sometimes that will be enough to get it start charging...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Cyd
    Cyd Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    It sounds like the battery is not actually taking a charge. The battery might be toast, though usually just a month sitting doesn't do that. I don't believe your model is new enough to have a battery reset pinhole on the bottom, but check to make sure. If it does do the reset and see if that will allow it to actually take a charge. If there's not battery reset then the next step is to open the back, disconnect the battery, press and hold the power button to bleeds anything residual off, then reconnect the battery and reconnect to the charger. Sometimes that will be enough to get it start charging...
    Thanks for the reco. Unfortunately it didn't solve my problem. Will try to do it again and check some teardown reviews as well to know if some parts had losen. I just can't have it checked in the service center due to the covid lockdown. Again, thanks and keep safe!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    NP, keep us informed as to how it's coming along...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.