Why won’t my Acer nitro 5 factory reset

Campbell18474
Campbell18474 Member Posts: 7 New User
My Acer nitro 5 laptop just has been running extremely slow almost to the point of unusable. So I wanted to factory reset and i successful started it but what about finishing it. It’s just been stuck on 70% for about 3 hours now and I don’t know what to do. Please help me!!!

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,481 Pathfinder
    My Acer nitro 5 laptop just has been running extremely slow almost to the point of unusable. So I wanted to factory reset and i successful started it but what about finishing it. It’s just been stuck on 70% for about 3 hours now and I don’t know what to do. Please help me!!!
    Still in 70%?
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Campbell18474
    Yup
  • Campbell18474
    Still in 70%?
    Yup
  • GAMING6698
    Still in 70%?
    Yup
    Turn off you laptop completely ,hold power button until laptop turn off .
    do this turn on the computer, immediately hold down the "Alt" key while tapping the "F10" key. Once the screen says "Starting Acer eRecovery" you can release Alt and stop tapping F10.

Then go to advance option open cmd and type command -  sfc /scannow 

When this command complete then go back and reset from this acer eRecovery

• Campbell18474
    GAMING6698 said:
    Still in 70%?
    Yup
    do this turn on the computer, immediately hold down the "Alt" key while tapping the "F10" key. Once the screen says "Starting Acer eRecovery" you can release Alt and stop tapping F10.

I’m at the advanced settings but I don’t see a cmd
  • Campbell18474

Wait is it the command prompt
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 said:
    Still in 70%?
    Yup

Go to troubleshoot then advance option if there is not cmd and in troubleshoot simply reset

• Campbell18474
    GAMING6698 said:
    Still in 70%?
    Yup

Go to troubleshoot then advance option if there is not cmd and in troubleshoot simply reset
    Alright then that’s what I’ll do
  • Campbell18474
    I’m going to bed cause it’s getting pretty late where I am so thank you for your time and Mabye If resetting it doesn’t work then I’ll shoot you a text tommorow, but thanks again for you time and commitment
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 said:
    Still in 70%?
    Yup

Alright then that’s what I’ll do
    What happening now resetting?

• GAMING6698
    Ok,you can ask tomorrow if this not work.

• Gamerboi
    Gamerboi Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2020
    I did what you said but I got that error. I tried redoing it but i got the same message that it did not work. I don’t know if you need my computer details but it is an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53. And also I cannot connect to a network. It says that it is troubleshooting and when I press on it it says that they are no errors.
  • GAMING6698
    @Gamerboi your os is corrupted install new one.
    From other laptop or pc make bootable USB and install new one 

• escapehere42
    escapehere42 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

I solved this problem with the help of the following video. The subject may be old, but it will benefit those coming from google.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_MPU7imEmU
  • j0e
    j0e Member Posts: 1 New User
    if your computer was on a boot/64% screen I can help Turn off your laptop completely, hold the power button until the laptop turns off.
    do this turn on the computer, immediately hold down the "Alt" key while tapping the "F10" key. Once the screen says "Starting Acer eRecovery" you can release Alt and stop tapping F10. then find troubleshoot click that then click reset then local reset give it like an hour and you stopped the boot/64% screen then it will restart then go back on the 64% screen then it will load your welcome.