Bios Update How TO???

Floyd4490turner
Floyd4490turner Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Acer Aspire TC-710-UR61       S/N: DTB15AA01762106E183000    Okay, so I've located the bios update downloads, I just don't know which one to download. (There's like five options for my computer) Anyways I Downloaded the one that says update 2016 to 2017 copyright version & Once I've downloaded it once again i don't know which folder to chose. I'm guessing that I have to extract them (extract all). well I've done that. Now I don't know what to do next. Can anyone Please help me on updating my bios! oh yes my current version of bios is R01-A3 & the newest version on acer support website is R01-B1

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,305 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Are you trying to install an INTEL DCH driver by any chance?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Why do you intend to update the bios? Do you know the risks of this update?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Floyd4490turner
    yes I am aware of the risk. I'm not gonna invest in new computer for another two maybe three years. there are like fifteen driver updates for this computer, and a Graphics update that want install. so i'm hoping the bios update will fix the reason why the intel graphics driver want install. im also planning on expanding the ram to 16 gb and going to install a m.2 sata ssd 

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,305 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Are you trying to install an INTEL DCH driver by any chance?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Floyd4490turner
    Yes I,ve tried to install the latest intel dch driver but it want install. Also every few weeks my computer will bluescreen because of that dch driver that i cant get to install so that is ultimately why i want to update the bios.
  • Then disable wireless and uninstall and delete the intel driver like this:

Then restart windows and install the dch driver.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer