Unbelievable!

Punch
Punch Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I bought my CB3-532 about 2, maybe 3 years ago. Very recently, I ran into a problem with it. My first, really―the device has been stellar. It sports crostini for linux applications, android applications, and an SD card has resolved all of my storage issues, while a tab discarder has handled my memory issues. It was love at first sight.

The problem began when I cracked the heck out of the monitor. Dead pixels flew across the monitor, filling most of the screen real-estate significantly, and the backlight was exposed through the cracks.

I was heartbroken.

Fortunately, I knew how to replace a laptop monitor, and I could find a replacement for this size for $45~, but at the price of the whole unit itself? I might as well have bought one new, and I was watching one that was on sale and approaching $150 swiftly.

But I decided that I couldn't afford the expenditure yet, so I resolved to use "Dead Pixel Fixer" youtube videos.

On loop.

For days.

Here are the results, about 96 hours later:

The above is on a black screen (#000), to show you the extent of the damage. Normally, you wouldn't see many dead pixels as anything other than some darker spots on this background.

The below is in white (#fff) to show you the dead pixels that remain.

There are hardly any! Just a few in the top right! In all my years interacting with & breaking electronics, I've never seen anything like this. Acer, you did a fantastic job! I don't know how you managed! The screen's still totally usable, even though I can see these terribly long cracks, and whenever I place too much pressure on the keyboard, they "wobble." It's still comfortable to use, and not terribly distracting.

This is crazy, honestly. The best monitor I've ever used, and my favorite PC device.

I needed to share. I really did. The dead pixels have been gone for some time, but they'll return with normal wear & tear. I'm absolutely flabberghasted that I can still use this device as my primary computer at home with minimal issues almost a year after the warranty's run out. It's a top quality device, and I highly recommend it whenever the conversation of "affordable laptops" come up.

Anyway, thanks for getting this far into the post. I really wanted to show it off somewhere, and I thought: what better place?

TL;DR: no question, just look at my pictures of my broken (FIXED) monitor! Fantastic, isn't it?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

>>>Unbelievable!>>>

OK. I won't  :)  How about if you change the screen viewing angle? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ