acer aspire 3 sf315-52 does not see hdd/ssd in bios

13»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,781 Trailblazer
    If you haven't done so already, I suggest making a bootable USB stick from the Win10 iso using Microsoft's media creation tool or Rufus. Then see if diskpart can access the drives. If not, then I'd agree the mainboard bus and/or controller have likely failed. We rarely have access to mainboard soldered-component circuit diagrams at this level. At that point, about the only thing I could recommend would be a full reflow as a last resort to try to recover the board. Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• SpontanX
    SpontanX Member Posts: 29 Troubleshooter
    diskpart>list disk
    result is that my 16 GB usb flash drive is number 1 and that,s all. no hdd/ssd shown in list disk
  • SpontanX
    I agree with you, from first day I am asking diagram how ssd/hhd is connected with controller and where is it located. 
  • JackE
    Sorry. I'd probably strip the board and try a solder reflow.  Here are the part numbers for the i3, i5 & i7 boards. Prices for new boards don't seem practical. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SpontanX
    thank you anyway but you have this  and I need it
  • SpontanX
    I have this also 
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    You already have more detail than available to me to post without searching the internet or places like manualslib. I think this is almost the same diagram as you have there but with less detail. Perhaps you can try to focus a heat gun on the suspected failure areas if it's not a chip level failure of some kind. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ