Acer Spin 5 - SP513-52N - Acer Active Stylus not responding to screen touch

Options
IoniaFlux
IoniaFlux Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
The Acer Spin 5 - SP513-52N comes with an active stylus. I've used this pen for quite a while, but I started getting problems. The pen sometimes stopped drawing or the cursor completly disappeared (pen disconnects from the notebook). The problem seemed to get worse and now it doesn't work at all anymore. The pen still shows the cursor when it is hovered over the screen and the buttons also show to work. However, when touching the screen, there seems to be no response (no registered drawing or button clicks). I've tried a lot, like replacing the battery, reinstalling drivers, but this did not help. What can I do to solve the problem? Is this an issue related to the pen? Are there drivers for the digitizer screen that might not work? Might it be a windows 10 issue?

Answers

• IoniaFlux
    IoniaFlux Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Apparently after weeks, the pen is working all the sudden again. It might be that the problem will persist, but it seems to be working for now. What I did (this also used to work before) is press the pen at some point of the screen for a long time. I kept repeating this a couple of times. All the sudden it worked again. I also ordered a new pen and it would be interesting to see if this problem is due to the pen or the notebook.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    I wonder if the stylus is starting to have battery issues. I don't know how long they are supposed to last...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.