Predator Helios 300 ( PH315-52) black screen after BIOS Update

Options
2»

Answers

• matty93
    matty93 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    I think you should send it to the Acer repair center. However, what happens when you change the name Covini110.fd to Cn_Ah_CFL.fd?
    Nothing happened when i changed the name.
    The thing is, I live in Libya, we don't have an Acer repair centre here, or an authorized Acer shop, i guess I'm going to have to see which one is in the closest country to me and send it to that centre.
    Thanks for all your efforts, i wish you the best.
    Take care  🙏🏻
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    I advise against trying to use flash bios as the procedure is no longer accepted by Acer support.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• RedTriad
    RedTriad Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    matty93 said:
    Hello guys,
    My laptop was crashing from time to time, so i updated the BIOS to the last one,
     it gave me 100% complete, and laptop restarted, but now i'm getting a black screen, 
    the keyboard lights work, the fans work, the AC plug in and out sound works, 
    what's the problem here? 
    I tried:
    Resetting MB through removal of CMOS.
    Removing laptop battery and drain power then restart.
    I downloaded bios and extracted files using 7-zip, and put the covini110.fd in the fat32 formatted flash drive and boot up using esc+fn, nothing happens.
    maybe i should rename it to another name? i don't know!
    please help me guys.
    By the way, it's not an option for me to go to Acer repair center now, because of the pandemic.
    i really hope someone knows how to fix this.
    thanks anyway.
    Hey dude, are you still experiencing this problem? Because I found a solution.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited July 2020
    Options
    RedTriad if you found a solution feel free to open a new thread and share it as this thread its already old and most probably dead hopefully it works for everyone as even similar issues doesnt mean they are the exact same also the bios flashing process above its not advised neither supported the procedure its not only the steps posted above theres more steps to do but as i said not advised

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• matty93
    matty93 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    RedTriad said:
    matty93 said:
    Hello guys,
    My laptop was crashing from time to time, so i updated the BIOS to the last one,
     it gave me 100% complete, and laptop restarted, but now i'm getting a black screen, 
    what's the problem here? 
    I tried:
    I downloaded bios and extracted files using 7-zip, and put the covini110.fd in the fat32 formatted flash drive and boot up using esc+fn, nothing happens.
    please help me guys.
    By the way, it's not an option for me to go to Acer repair center now, because of the pandemic.
    thanks anyway.
    Please give me the solution if you have it, I'm so disappointed and my country has its borders closed so I can't travel to get it fixed, I really hope your answer fixes my problem because I really need my laptop for study.
    Thank you very much anyway.
  • CalzoM
    CalzoM Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    RedTriad said:
    matty93 said:
    Hello guys,
    what's the problem here? 
    I tried:
    please help me guys.
    thanks anyway.
    Hey man, what was the solution to this? I also have the issue and I'm sick of the useless amount of fake answers on this. Lemme know please.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @RedTriad What is the solution?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)