Predator Helios 300 ( PH315-52) black screen after BIOS Update

Options
matty93
matty93 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Hello guys,
My laptop was crashing from time to time, so i updated the BIOS to the last one,
 it gave me 100% complete, and laptop restarted, but now i'm getting a black screen, 
the keyboard lights work, the fans work, the AC plug in and out sound works, 
what's the problem here? 
I tried:
Resetting MB through removal of CMOS.
Removing laptop battery and drain power then restart.
I downloaded bios and extracted files using 7-zip, and put the covini110.fd in the fat32 formatted flash drive and boot up using esc+fn, nothing happens.
maybe i should rename it to another name? i don't know!
please help me guys.
By the way, it's not an option for me to go to Acer repair center now, because of the pandemic.
i really hope someone knows how to fix this.
thanks anyway.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good evening matty93 !

First question ... some of your interventions violate the equipment warranty.
    "Crashes" are rarely fixed with Bios updates.
    Bios updates are extremely delicate and risky processes and should only be performed in serious cases of serious system errors or due to extreme need for correction or compatibility.
    Current bios are no longer supported for updating via USB flash.
    I recommend that you access your Bios and restore factory defaults and do a test.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• matty93

Tinkerer

Options
    Good evening @MaClane
    Thank you for your reply,
    How could i access my bios if I'm getting a black screen when i start my laptop?
    What are my options since i broke the warranty?
    Thanks very much, 
    Peace.
  • MaClane
    Options
    Without the battery, it won't turn on?
    Have you tried to connect to an external monitor?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• matty93

Tinkerer

Options
    @MaClane
    I tried connecting to an external monitor, for millisecond the monitor recognises it was connected to something,
    but then it gives no signal, i don't know what to do, i'm kinda freaking out, i know it was my fault doing the BIOS
    update, but i didn't know in 2020 and laptops are still this fragile!
  • MaClane
    Options
    It is not a question of being 2020 or fragility.
    Bios updates are one of the most risky procedures in any system.
    My advice is to activate the Acer warranty on your equipment before any procedure can compromise further.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• matty93

Tinkerer

Options
    @MaClane
    Can i ask you a dumb question? If my motherboard is dead or broken and it needs to be replaced, does that include the vga and the cpu? Because i think i voided the warranty, i just wanna know how much it'll cost me to replace the motherboard if indeed the warranty was voided.
    And thanks for your replies man, i appreciate your help, i will try and stop doing stupid stuff from now on!
    Take care.
  • MaClane
    Options
    In this case, because both the processor and the GPU have chips integrated with solder on the motherboard.
    So in case it is the question (which it usually is not) the exchange would be complete.
    I believe that only an error occurred during the Bios update that can be easily rewritten by Acer.

Before performing a Bios update, it is necessary that the device has a 100% charged battery, connected to the power outlet, the update file has been checked for errors, run with administrator permissions and without any activirus, firewall or applications in second plane running.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• matty93

Tinkerer

Options
    MaClane said:
    I believe that only an error occurred during the Bios update that can be easily rewritten by Acer.
    These words are reassuring, thanks bro, i really hope that indeed it's just an error that can be rewritten easily by an authorised support shop.
    Again, thanks for your trouble, and stay safe.
    I Wish you a nice day.
  • MaClane
    Options
    I thank you !
    As soon as the contact is made, inform me here of the solution
    Need something, just post!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    If the update was completed successfully, it is possible that the bios is not yet corrupted. Try turning off the notebook, disconnecting the power adapter and pressing the power for 12 seconds.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • matty93

Tinkerer

Options
    If the update was completed successfully, it is possible that the bios is not yet corrupted. Try turning off the notebook, disconnecting the power adapter and pressing the power for 12 seconds.
    @egydiocoelho
    While disconnecting the battery as well, right? And press the power button to drain out all electricity from the laptop, yes i did that, nothing happened!
    Thanks bro 🙏🏻
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    No. Connect the rtc battery and the lition battery. Then reset the battery.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • matty93

Tinkerer

Options
    No. Connect the rtc battery and the lition battery. Then reset the battery.
    I did that now, it didn't help, the same black screen!
    Thanks anyway bro 🙏🏻
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the keyboard light up or flash?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• matty93

Tinkerer

Options
    Does the keyboard light up or flash?
    Yes it does, and the fans work!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Colleague maclane asked this:
    MaClane said:
    However, you did not respond by disconnecting the lithium battery and turning on the notebook only using the adapter, if the computer works again.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• matty93

Tinkerer

Options
    Colleague maclane asked this:
    MaClane said:
    However, you did not respond by disconnecting the lithium battery and turning on the notebook only using the adapter, if the computer works again.
    I tried that yes, i disconnected the Lithium battery and connected the Power adapter and started the computer, it is the same!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did your model come with any optane memory installed or ssd nvme? What happens when you remove these devices?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• matty93

Tinkerer

Options
    Did your model come with any optane memory installed or ssd nvme? What happens when you remove these devices?
    I just tried that now, still black screen comes on!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I think you should send it to the Acer repair center. However, what happens when you change the name Covini110.fd to Cn_Ah_CFL.fd?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer