Replace stock CPU cooler on TC-885

ItIsAUserName
ItIsAUserName Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Just bought a TC-885 (with an Intel i5 9400F) and the stock CPU cooler is too loud for my taste. Been looking around for a replacement and narrowed it down to either the Cryorig H7 or Cryorig C7

I'm not going to overclock or anything, my main priorities are low noise levels, good price and easy installation. They seem to fulfill those requirements but I'm looking for some input on the installation part. 
The C7's main purpose is for more compact builds so I was wondering if there are any issues with clearance regarding the capacitors and stuff around the CPU socket. See highlighted area in image:

Do Acer do any proprietary stuff on their motherboards which can mess up the installation or is it all standard?

Here is a pic of the C7 where you can see more of the mounting screws

A pic of the H7's mount system is in the H7 link above.
I need to do some more measuring to see if the H7 actually fits in the case (145mm tall)

So basically:
1. Are these coolers compatible with the Acer motherboard? 
2. Which one would you choose? 
3. Any tips for removal of old cooler?
4. I'm guessing the warranty is void if I do this?

I also saw a similar thread where a user replaced the CPU cooler and there were a couple of images that looked like they were from a service manual of some sort. I would like to check it out and see if there is any helpful info before the switch. I've searched but no luck so far, is it available for the public or should I message billsey from the linked thread?

Thanks!

Answers