PH315-52. Helios 300 (2019) touchpad sudden slow down

ahmedfayez
ahmedfayez Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
edited March 2020 in Predator Laptops
I just bought my Helios 300 ( 2019) , installed the drivers using windows updates. The touchpad suddenly slows down and gets back to function normally again. I reinstalled the drivers from the Acer's official site , and still.  I used a normal mouse and nothing is wrong , so what should I do to solve this ?!

Answers

• What did you mean by "The touchpad suddenly slows down and gets back to function normally again"? Are you saying that the touchpad speed slows down or that the touchpad stops working? What is the exact model of the laptop? Example: PH317-53-58VH.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ahmedfayez
    The motion of the cursor when using the touchpad lags with heaviness( works but sth like slow mo ) , and it returns to normal after a while. My model is PH315-52.
  • What happens when you install these drivers?
    Driver Serial IO
    Driver Touchpad
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ahmedfayez
    Sorry for the late response, pretty much nothing changes , I had already installed the touchpad drivers , and now the I/O , and still the problem stays
  • Did you change this setting?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ahmedfayez
    The Recovery option ? what does it do ?
  • With d2drecovery enabled, you can reinstall windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ahmedfayez
    You are recommending that I reset my windows ?
  • Yes my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ahmedfayez
    Thanks for you caring bro   :)
  • Did reinstalling windows solve the touchpad problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ahmedfayez
    Regarding the circumstances, reinstalling a windows is not an option for me now, so I put it into mind but still can't do it..
  • Can you record a video and post it on youtube? What happens when you reset the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ahmedfayez
    I am sorry for late response, as I did not have any connection. Unfortunately, I do not have such an option in my laptop, I shall try recording the screen whenever it happens again.  
  • ahmedfayez
    Here is the link containing the illustration of the difference in speed :  https://youtu.be/e1HdEAaH-3E 
  • Is there a function called touchpad in the bios? Does the same problem occur when resetting the lithium battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ahmedfayez
    No there is not any option in the Bios , and I can't find any place in my Helios for the resetting button :( , I guess it happens more often whenever I connect the charger
  • OK! Turn off the laptop and disconnect the power adapter. Then, press the power button for 12 seconds.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ahmedfayez
    What does this do ??
  • You can reset the CMOS and the lithium battery.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer