Fan keep spinning after shutdown.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    >>> mean by using an usb stick to format the HDD and install the windows from zero!>>>

When you boot from this installation stick, then shut down from this installation stick, does the fan still spin? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 2ley
    2ley Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter

When you boot from this installation stick, then shut down from this installation stick, does the fan still spin? Jack E/NJ
    Yes, it does!
  • JackE
    >>>What I've tried:>>>Updating BIOS
    >>>Yeah I just wanted to retry updating and downgrading the BIOS. None of them fixed my problem!.>>>I updated the BIOS about 7-8 months ago (I also re-flash the BIOS 2 days ago, after the problem came up).>>>>

The Win & Lin boot stick behavior suggests BIOS firmware corruption at this point. What method did you use to downgrade the BIOS firmware?  What firmware version number is on there now? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 2ley
    JackE said:
    >>>What I've tried:>>>Updating BIOS
    >>>Yeah I just wanted to retry updating and downgrading the BIOS. None of them fixed my problem!.>>>I updated the BIOS about 7-8 months ago (I also re-flash the BIOS 2 days ago, after the problem came up).>>>>

The Win & Lin boot stick behavior suggests BIOS firmware corruption at this point. What method did you use to downgrade the BIOS firmware?  What firmware version number is on there now? Jack E/NJ
    I downloaded the BIOS v1.03 and I had to change the flag from 2 to 0 to be be able to downgrade the BIOS. After downgrade I checked on the bios settings the version to be sure that it was downgraded successfully. The fan kept spinning.
    Then I decided to upgrade again at bios v1.14, but the fan doesn't stop spinning.
  • When you press the battery reset button, do the fans stop spinning?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • 2ley
    When you press the battery reset button, do the fans stop spinning?
    Yes, but at the moment of releasing the button, fan stars spinning again!

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,186 Trailblazer
    edited March 2020
    Did you connect another device, such as a ssd m2 2280 for example, that may be causing the problem?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • 2ley
    Did you connect another device, such as a ssd m2 2280 for example, that may be causing the problem?Did you connect another device, such as a ssd m2 2280 for example, that may be causing the problem?
    No, I didn't!
  • JackE
    >>>The only way to make it stop it’s to remove the battery which is internal and the AC power.>>>

>>>https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/805966/#Comment_805966>>>While the AC power is not plugged in, the fan stops spinning.>>>>

>>>Yes, but at the moment of releasing the button, fan stars spinning again!>>>

Sorry. I incorrectly assumed that you earlier meant that it stopped spinning even after reconnecting the battery or releasing the pinhole button.

OK. If you remove the charger & disconnect the battery---then leave the machine set for a few hours or overnight without AC or battery power---does the fan start spinning again when you re-connect the battery or charger?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 2ley
    JackE said:
    >>>The only way to make it stop it’s to remove the battery which is internal and the AC power.>>>

>>>https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/805966/#Comment_805966>>>While the AC power is not plugged in, the fan stops spinning.>>>>

>>>Yes, but at the moment of releasing the button, fan stars spinning again!>>>

Sorry. I incorrectly assumed that you earlier meant that it stopped spinning even after reconnecting the battery or releasing the pinhole button.

OK. If you remove the charger & disconnect the battery---then leave the machine set for a few hours or overnight without AC or battery power---does the fan start spinning again when you re-connect the battery or charger?

Jack E/NJ

Alright, it's been 10 hours and after re-connecting the AC power, fan started spinning again!
  • JackE
    >>>Reset the CMOS battery>>>

With both charger & battery pack disconnected, remove the CMOS coin cell completely. Short the coin cell's mainboard terminals for about 10 seconds. Let the system set this way for a few hours again without the cell. Then re-connect the cell.   What happens happens now when the battery pack is re-connected?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 2ley

Could you mark terminals that should be shorted?
    I just want to be sure that I'm doing this process good!
  • JackE
    The coin cell usually has its positive(+) end facing up. Its mainboard terminal touches the cell's circumference and/or held in place by a springblade.

The cell's negative(-) end faces down. Its mainboard terminal touches near the middle of the cell's bottom.

So with the cell removed, you'd short the mainboard's circumferential/springblade terminal and the mainboard's bottom terminal with a  screwdriver or wire.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 2ley

With both charger & battery pack disconnected, remove the CMOS coin cell completely. Short the coin cell's mainboard terminals for about 10 seconds. Let the system set this way for a few hours again without the cell. Then re-connect the cell.   What happens happens now when the battery pack is re-connected?  Jack E/NJ

Fan started spinning again 
  • JackE
    edited March 2020
    Because the fan seems to behave normally when turned on, I'm guessing the issue isn't its controller. So another component(s) might be responsible. You've already tried disconnecting the HDD. Time to start looking at other removable/disconnectable components one by one. Probably starting with the easiest to access and remove to see which one hopefully stops it. I'd probably start with a RAM  module if a removable one was installed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 2ley
    JackE said:
    Because the fan seems to behave normally when turned on, I'm guessing the issue isn't its controller. So another component(s) might be responsible. You've already tried disconnecting the HDD. Time to start looking at other removable/disconnectable components one by one. Probably starting with the easiest to access and remove to see which one hopefully stops it. I'd probably start with a RAM  module if a removable one was installed. Jack E/NJ

I do not have any removeable ram installed. Which component should I remove next?
  • JackE
    edited March 2020
    I'd next try the CMOS coin cell since we initially suspected the BIOS. #4 on the mainboard bottom. Then I'd simply go down the list of accessible components that make sense --- obviously the fan connector doesn't make sense but may be a last resort band-aid solution if all else fails to correct the problem. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 2ley
    JackE said:

Tried all of parts that could be removed and again the same problem 😞
  • JackE
    I'm still gonna go with a BIOS issue. But unfortunately it looks more like a chip hardware problem. I don't recommend messing with it since you still have a functional mainboard. If it was mine, I'd probably turn the laptop over, insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole, turn the laptop back  over again, and let gravity hold the paperclip in there after your done using the machine. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• arkinenez
    arkinenez Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I have the same issue with acer nitro 5, Could you solve it?