Haji13680201 Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Hi
My system pc 
 Mini Case 
Acer x4630g
Ram 32 g
Cpu i5 4440
Power 220w (12 pin and 4 pin) no 20 or 24 pin))
Vga intel 4600
Hhd 500 g (This hard drive had no temperature problem)
Now,,,
1. Remove hhd old and  l bought a new hdd 8tb ,,,wd Ultrastar hc320  
2. After installing new hdd and install Windows 10 and,,,,after 
3. In program hhd disk sentinel. ... temperature hdd 59 c !!! 
that means This means that the hard drive temperature was initially 26 degrees Celsius, after a few minutes of operation, the drive temperature to 59 degrees.
Why? Please help me please help for solving problem
Please help meر

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Do you confirm the temperature with the crystaldiskinfo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Do you confirm the temperature with the crystaldiskinfo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Haji13680201
    Yes ... temperature after boot window 26 c 
    But after 10 min working 58 c,,,,
  • What is the exact model of hdd?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Haji13680201
    Please help me 
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited March 2020

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Haji13680201
    my new hdd Internal 

no 
    external 
  • Did you see the document in pdf? Shows that the temperature is normal. Also, what happens when you put the desktop in balanced mode?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Haji13680201
    1. Unable to open link. If you can download another link,
    2. After boot system temperature 26 c ,,, but after minutes ,,,,or Even if you don't work with the system ,,increasing temperature hdd...
    For this hhd pin 3.3v it is needed.؟ The current port has four wires. Please Look at the picture
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited March 2020
    Are you using the SAS or SATA connection? Furthermore, is this temperature reached only when playing or transferring? When the computer is idle, does the temperature drop? I will also ask some colleagues to check this topic: @JordanB@billsey, @JackE and @xapim.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Haji13680201
    Sata connception ....
    idle 0%
  • You posted the same question in another topic. The user advised to install a fan. Can you send a picture of how the hdd is installed in the case?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Haji13680201
    No space for fan installation.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020
    Here's Western Digital Customer Support page.

https://www.westerndigital.com/support

Here's what MightyMoose said.....how he fixed it......RMA

https://community.wd.com/t/wd-red-8tb-runs-hot/229044

Here's NewEgg page

https://www.newegg.com/wd-ultrastar-dc-hc320-0b36404-8tb/p/1Z4-0002-00CP5?reviews=all

Good luck.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,430 Trailblazer
    Idling or 0% usage does not mean the disk is not spinning or cache is not active. Thus you can expect to see a significant temperature rise. As @egydiocoelho suggested earlier, the temperature is still staying within the acceptable operating range. A 32-33*C temperature rise seems quite reasonable to me. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    As it does to me. I would expect that to be normal operating temperature. The drive should be stable at that temp...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.