How to enable driver for audio jack 3.5 mm - acer swift 3

Options
NehaN
NehaN Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2020 in Swift and Spin Series
I have a new acer swift 3 . When I plug my headphone in the 3.5mm jack , the audio is still coming via speaker and not via headphone. Is this a defect in my laptop or there is any setting to be done.
I check the recording tab under the sound dialog box, but for microphone there is no option to enable it. Please help

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good evening NehaN !

Which EXACT model of your laptop?
    Did you certify that the concert is properly seated?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Unknown001
    Unknown001 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    NehaN said:
    I have a new acer swift 3 . When I plug my headphone in the 3.5mm jack , the audio is still coming via speaker and not via headphone. Is this a defect in my laptop or there is any setting to be done.
    I check the recording tab under the sound dialog box, but for microphone there is no option to enable it. Please help

1. Connect Earphones and click yes to pop up
    2. Go to Realtek audio console from the apps list
    3. Go to Device advanced settings
    4. Connector retasking analog
    5. changed it from headphones to speakers then again speakers to headphones

try it... this method working for me..
  • GhostLand
    GhostLand Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have a aspire 5 and when i plug my headset jack i hear static noise and nothing other.Please help
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options
    Verify first that the plug is fully inserted, you will get that symptom if it isn't in all the way. Some headphones have too much plastic around the jack and don't fit well. On those you usually have to trim a bit off to allow it to seat fully.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RedRemus
    RedRemus Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Ok so I found the most bizarre solution to this. Apparently, when you receive the notification asking which device have you plugged in, instead on clicking the OK button, just click literally anywhere else on the notification. Notification immediately disappears and the sound switches to your headphones even though according to your sound setting it is still coming out of speakers. Hope this helps.
  • billsey
    Options
    Watch out with that, there's a checkbox on that notification that tells Windows to always follow that choice, and it's a real pain to get the notification back...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • shiromilktea
    shiromilktea Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    NehaN said:

1. Connect Earphones and click yes to pop up
    2. Go to Realtek audio console from the apps list
    3. Go to Device advanced settings
    4. Connector retasking analog
    5. changed it from headphones to speakers then again speakers to headphones

try it... this method working for me..
    I had the same problem as OP, but this worked for me tysm <33
  • petermik
    petermik Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
  • WitchyVibez222
    WitchyVibez222 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have a question and hoping someone can help. I have read all the suggestions here and son and I have tried everything here and still having issues. We got him a TKGOU Mic M7999B Condenser Mic on line for his Acer Swift X. It has been working since summer then he tried plugging in the USB plug in and it is not registering it as plugged in. He did google the issue before I stepped in to help and whatever came up he tried and nothing.\ has worked. If anyone has any suggestions that would be so appreciated. Thank you all

• billsey
    Options

@WitchyVibez222 it would be better for you to start a new thread with your question, since a USB mic is completely different than one that plugs into the headphone jack. Include the full model number or the laptop (Usually on the same sticker as the serial number, something like SF3xx-xxx-xxxx), describe the problem and what he has tried so far. Do other devices work on that USB port?