Low FPS, low GPU usage and drivers issue in Acer predator helios 300

Options
MaxFranky
MaxFranky Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 2020 in Predator Laptops
How do i know whether i am on Acer flavored windows or not? ( i''m getting predator boot logo but didn't get any drivers pre-installed during my first boot up so i installed all the drivers from website)
So i am having Low GPU usage issues which is causing very low fps during gaming and my laptop is not thermal or power throttling, temps are between 75 - 85c during gaming, i figured the problem maybe with the drivers or windows as i got no drivers during my first boot up and my windows appears to be Acer flavored as the boot logo is predator.
My laptop has a recovery partition which is of 512 MB and i don't know what it contains. i'm unable to buy Acer eRecovery USB stick as i'm in India.

I'm thinking of clean install of windows 10 and installation of all the drivers from Acer website would fix my problem but i'm not sure.

I need help with solving my low GPU usage issue, so is there any way to get back to fresh Acer customized windows 10 with drivers pre-installed ? or a clean install would fix the issue? or is there a way to buy eRecovery USB stick in India? 

How do i activate my new Windows 10 as i don't have any product key ? will it be auto activated by picking the key from motherboard?

I'm frustrated having a gaming laptop and not be able to play games with good fps. Please Help.
Sorry for bad English.

Laptop: Helios 300 2019 PH315-52

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,366 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020
    Options
    MaxFranky said:
    How do i know whether i am on Acer flavored windows or not? ( i''m getting predator boot logo but didn't get any drivers pre-installed during my first boot up so i installed all the drivers from website)
    So i am having Low GPU usage issues which is causing very low fps during gaming and my laptop is not thermal or power throttling, temps are between 75 - 85c during gaming, i figured the problem maybe with the drivers or windows as i got no drivers during my first boot up and my windows appears to be Acer flavored as the boot logo is predator.
    My laptop has a recovery partition which is of 512 MB and i don't know what it contains. i'm unable to buy Acer eRecovery USB stick as i'm in India.

I'm thinking of clean install of windows 10 and installation of all the drivers from Acer website would fix my problem but i'm not sure.

I need help with solving my low GPU usage issue, so is there any way to get back to fresh Acer customized windows 10 with drivers pre-installed ? or a clean install would fix the issue? or is there a way to buy eRecovery USB stick in India? 

How do i activate my new Windows 10 as i don't have any product key ? will it be auto activated by picking the key from motherboard?

I'm frustrated having a gaming laptop and not be able to play games with good fps. Please Help.
    Sorry for bad English.

Official Acer driver site have outdated graphics card drivers you have Nvidia graphic card .nvidia provide Nvidia software for gaming and optimization.
    You need to download Nvidia software and add you game in Nvidia software to get performance.

1)you should play while charging otherwise you get half of the performance according to your system.

2)set power plan to high performance in predatorsense  with coolboost turn on

After setting up above setting you need largest nvidia software (installing software update you graphic card driver automatically and give more performance)

I provide to direct link you have GeForce® GTX 1660Ti click on download then in next page again click on download ,it will start download and install it.

https://www.nvidia.in/Download/driverResults.aspx/158330/en-in
    After download nvidia software select express install.

In nvidia software follow this-
    Go to manage 3D settings then add you game there and set high performance nvidia software same as shown in image.After these settings close software and launch your game
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • MaxFranky

Tinkerer

edited March 2020
    Options
    MaxFranky said:

Sorry for bad English.

Official Acer driver site have outdated graphics card drivers you have Nvidia graphic card .nvidia provide Nvidia software for gaming and optimization.
    You need to download Nvidia software and add you game in Nvidia software to get performance.

1)you should play while charging otherwise you get half of the performance according to your system.

After setting up above setting you need largest nvidia software (installing software update you graphic card driver automatically and give more performance)

I provide to direct link you have GeForce® GTX 1660Ti click on click download will start and install it.

https://www.nvidia.in/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/442.59/442.59-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe&lang=in&type=geforcem

Go to manage 3D settings then add you game there and set high performance nvidia software same as shown in image.After these settings close software and launch your game
    Tried all the above steps and it  didn't fix my issue and yes i always play plugged in and i have updated nvidia drivers to the latest, changed power plan, changed preferred graphic card, turned off vsync and i always play with cool boost on, bottom elevated and max fan speeds. Nvidia drivers and temps are not the issue as i've poked around them to test.

Is there any reason why i didn't get my laptop with drivers pre-installed? was it a crash or something?
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    MaxFranky said:
    MaxFranky said:

Sorry for bad English.

I provide to direct link you have GeForce® GTX 1660Ti click on click download will start and install it.

https://www.nvidia.in/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/442.59/442.59-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe&lang=in&type=geforcem

Tried all the above steps and it  didn't fix my issue and yes i always play plugged in and i have updated nvidia drivers to the latest, changed power plan, changed prefrerred graphic card, turined off vsync and i always play with cool boost on and max fan speeds. Nvidia drivers and temps are not the issue as i've poked around them to test.

Is there any reason why i didn't get my laptop with drivers pre-installed? was it a crash or something?
    Low gpu and fps drop may happen due to high temperature.i don't know about this this how to solve .

No one got updated pre-installed drivers

• MaxFranky

Tinkerer

Options
    MaxFranky said:
    MaxFranky said:

Sorry for bad English.

Tried all the above steps and it  didn't fix my issue and yes i always play plugged in and i have updated nvidia drivers to the latest, changed power plan, changed prefrerred graphic card, turined off vsync and i always play with cool boost on and max fan speeds. Nvidia drivers and temps are not the issue as i've poked around them to test.

Low gpu and fps drop may happen due to high temperature.i don't know about this this how to solve .

not just updated pre-installed drivers, i got 0 drivers with my laptop not 1, hell not even wifi drivers. so i connected my lan and donwloaded all the drivers
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    MaxFranky said:
    MaxFranky said:
    MaxFranky said:

Sorry for bad English.

not just updated pre-installed drivers, i got 0 drivers with my laptop not 1, hell not even wifi drivers. so i connected my lan and donwloaded all the drivers
    Strange.you can wait others will help you

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Who did you buy the laptop from? Some resellers buy the laptops from Acer without an OS installed and they then install a generic Windows OS without any drivers and this sounds like what you are experiencing, the Predator boot logo is from the MOBO not the OS. The problem here is that it is not Acers responsibility, it is for the reseller to disclose this but the recovery partition may include the Acer drivers it's worth a try and it may fix the problem. You will need to update the Nvidia drivers again and configure the Nvidia Control Center
    Follow the instructions below and be patient it can take hours

1. Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely.
    2. Turn on the computer and press and hold the Alt and F10 keys at the same time immediately on startup
    3. You should see a message that says "Please Wait" and your computer will boot to a blue screen that says "Choose an option."
    4. Select Troubleshoot.
    5. Click Reset this PC.
    6. Pick a recovery option: Keep my files or Remove everything.
    7. Click Next and follow the instructions on the screen.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Get a 16gb USB drive and create a acer stock recovery drive via care center for safe keeping  if you're recovery partition its still intact after backup whatever you need and perform a stock recovery clean install ALT+F10 on boot select delete everything option 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• melvinyeo313
    melvinyeo313 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    I am facing same bloody problem as him....lousy laptop a waste of money
  • MaxFranky

Tinkerer

Options
    I am facing same bloody problem as him....lousy laptop a waste of money
    This fixed my issue:
    1. Reinstalled Windows from a usb stick
    2. Most of the essential drivers got auto installed from windows update, so i installed rest of the drivers from their respective sources
    3. Unlocked and selected Ultimate Power Plan in power plan settings
    4. Changed the power manage mode to maximum performance in NVIDIA control panel
    5. Turned of whisper mode and battery boost in NVIDIA GeForce Experience
    6. During gaming make sure to turn off v-sync

Thats it, now i'm getting the fps it should get and high gpu usage :)

thanks everyone
  • melvinyeo313
    melvinyeo313 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options

where to find this pls?
  • GAMING6698
    edited March 2020
    Options

where to find this pls?

GO start search cmd and Open it with administrator privileges, and type the following command

powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61

after this command go to power option by right click on battery icon on taskbar and select ultimate performance mode(this is hiddle by microsoft because it drains battery very fast and allow foe desktop user only)

click yes if i answer your question

• imrohit99
    imrohit99 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2021
    Options

B) 100% WORKING B) 

JUST TURN OFF THE CHARGING & AFTER FEW SECONDS, TURN THE CHARGING ON..!!

(DO IT ONE MORE TIME, IF YOU ARE STILL GETTING LOW FPS) :) 
    YOU DON'T NEED TO RESTART YOUR LAPTOP EVERY TIME TO FIX LOW FPS ISSUE. :3 

that's it problem solved, it worked for me & i hope, it'll work for you too :+1:
    for [ACER PREDATOR-HELIOS 300 i7-10th gen {8cores/16threads} rtx 3060 (2021)]
  • Alejandro2Davila1
    Alejandro2Davila1 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    imrohit99 said:

B) 100% WORKING B) 

JUST TURN OFF THE CHARGING & AFTER FEW SECONDS, TURN THE CHARGING ON..!!

(DO IT ONE MORE TIME, IF YOU ARE STILL GETTING LOW FPS) :) 
    YOU DON'T NEED TO RESTART YOUR LAPTOP EVERY TIME TO FIX LOW FPS ISSUE. :3 

that's it problem solved, it worked for me & i hope, it'll work for you too :+1:
    for [ACER PREDATOR-HELIOS 300 i7-10th gen {8cores/16threads} rtx 3060 (2021)]
    What do you mean turn off the charging?