How do I fix this "no bootable device" on my acer spin?

HomelessUser
HomelessUser Member Posts: 5 New User
Alright so I was just playing roblox with my bro then suddenly my computer showed a blue screen with it saying "your pc ran into problem". I waited and when it powered on again it shows me "no bootable device". Sometimes I restarted the green acer logo would show up but the rotating circle/dot wont show up. I've searched fixes in youtuve but non helped. I've tried enabling f12 boot. However, what I have notice is that my boot priority order is empty. All in the boot tab in bios is secure boot which is enabled. I've  also tried taking out the wires that connects the hardrive and put it after like 30 sec to refresh it maybe? That didnt work so is there anything I can do before my dad beats me.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,318 Pathfinder
    Alright so I was just playing roblox with my bro then suddenly my computer showed a blue screen with it saying "your pc ran into problem". I waited and when it powered on again it shows me "no bootable device". Sometimes I restarted the green acer logo would show up but the rotating circle/dot wont show up. I've searched fixes in youtuve but non helped. I've tried enabling f12 boot. However, what I have notice is that my boot priority order is empty. All in the boot tab in bios is secure boot which is enabled. I've  also tried taking out the wires that connects the hardrive and put it after like 30 sec to refresh it maybe? That didnt work so is there anything I can do before my dad beats me.
    May you system file corrupted due unknow reason may it happen due to virus attack.don't worry we can fix system files.
    With two commands one by one.

Go in safe mode to enter in safe mode close you laptop or restart when laptop closed and restarting then immediately keep pressing F8 till you see some option (advance boot system)there is also safe mode go in it.

When you enter in safe mode
    Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu. Now select Command Prompt (Admin). If Command Prompt isn’t available, you can also use PowerShell (Admin).

When command prompt or PowerShell open then type command -

sfc /scannow

When this scan complete type another command -

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:repairSource\install.wim

When this also complete restart you laptop it will start in normal mode 
    Good luck
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • HomelessUser
    HomelessUser Member Posts: 5 New User
    May you system file corrupted due unknow reason may it happen due to virus attack.don't worry we can fix system files.

Go in safe mode to enter in safe mode close you laptop or restart when laptop closed and restarting then immediately keep pressing F8 till you see some option (advance boot system)there is also safe mode go in it.

Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu. Now select Command Prompt (Admin). If Command Prompt isn’t available, you can also use PowerShell (Admin).

sfc /scannow

Good luck
    The only problem im fscing here is thst i m unwble to boot up safe mode. It just pops up "no bootable device". 
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,318 Pathfinder

sfc /scannow

Good luck
    The only problem im fscing here is thst i m unable to boot up safe mode. It just pops up "no bootable device". 
    Install window again download iso file from Microsoft .and bootable pen drive through Rufus and install window 10 again
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    What model do you have? There are lots of Spin models and the storage types are different between them. You might have just corrupted BIOS settings blocking boot from a valid partition, but you might also have corrupted UEFI or system partitions. Try first going into BIOS and using F9 then F10 to reset to defaults. If that doesn't get you booting respond here with your model and we'll dig into partition recovery.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mbasheerp786
    mbasheerp786 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have same problem no bootable device found...i can't find anything in my boot menu
  • billsey
    @mbasheerp786 you should start a thread of your own for this, include your full model number, which OS version is installed and anything you've tried s far. We'll likely be able to make suggestions from there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Johnero38
    Johnero38 Member Posts: 1 New User

Good morning my colleagues ACER Spin1 is showing no bootable device. I have tried everything possible still it's showing same thing. It doesn't have a USB option else I would have used windows 10 from Flash drive to boot it. Any form of help will be appreciated

• billsey

@Johnero38 you should start a thread of your own for this, include your full model number, which OS version is installed and anything you've tried so far. We'll likely be able to make suggestions from there.