Chromebook C740 not outputting video when connected to HDBT transmitter

Options
toddbrust
toddbrust Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I am working on behalf of a customer.  I have recently installed and commissioned a new video system utilizing Crestron video distribution.  We have ran into an issue with the chromebooks.  The issue is that I cannot get video to pass when sending via HDBT transmitter.  I have no problems when plugging directly into an HDMI input, but once HDBT is involved, I get no video passing.  The odd part is that the Chromebook will sometimes show it is recognizing a sync device, but I see nothing being received by my switcher.  After spending lots of time with the manufacturer on the phone, and time on site, they have laid blame on the chromebooks. 

I do not believe this is the issue, but I want to make sure.  Anyone had any issues using chromebooks with a distributed viodeo system using HDBT in particular?  Thanks in advance.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    I would actually be a bit surprised if that worked off the shelf. Your best bet is to contact Google to see if they have plans for supporting HDBT as opposed to Chromecast over network.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.