Acer Aspire 5 A515-54 Display problems.

Options
annie12
annie12 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi, I've started having display problems, it started like picture 1 and now is like picture 2!
It is intermittent but when it happens I have to manually shut it down as it totally freezes.
Not sure if it is connected but the clock is also about 37 minutes behind the actual time.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,153 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    When it happens, please try moving the screen to a different position and see whether you get proper display, also try connecting the laptop to an external display with a HDMI cable and check the display.
  • annie12
    annie12 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi, I've tried moving the screen to a different position and it's still the same.
    I'll need my son to help with the other.  I'll let you know. 
    Thanks
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,153 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    No problem, if the display on the external display is good, you may have to change the panel, if you need further assistance regarding finding a new panel, please let us know in this thread.
  • bontfaen
    bontfaen Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

We bought a new Acer Aspire 5 515-54G laptop 2 years ago for my grandson. I believe it has 3 years warranty.

He told me yesterday that it has developed screen corruption in the top left corner of the screen around the size of a postage stamp. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

The corruption isn’t visible on his touch screen external Wacom tablet when connected, suggesting the corruption is on the Acer screen.

Please can anyone advise the process for getting this fixed?

Does it have to go away or can it be fixed locally? 

We live near Cowbridge in the Vale of Glamorgan.

If it has to go away to be fixed how long does it take? 

He’s busy on his GCSE music composition and wanted to get this finished during the school holidays so being without his laptop for long now would be a real challenge.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,442 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I deleted my post. 
  • Larryodie
    Options
    I deleted this post as I need to read again. To many different questions from multiple users. 
  • Larryodie
    Options
    bontfaen Please post a picture of your laptop display on a new thread.
    Has it been dropped ?