Acer R13 video issues

pkw
pkw Member Posts: 69 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I'm experiencing video issues on a streaming platform in Chrome with my Acer R13 (videos have pixelisation). Apparently, this is a known issue and a workaround is to disable video acceleration in Chrome flags. The problem with this is that it makes the videos stutter. It's very annoying. It's disappointing that despite the Chromebook being released in 2016 there's still no fix. I've looked around for any Chrome extensions which would allow reducing quality etc. but all of them seem to be made for Netflix or YouTube. By the way, the problem doesn't occur in YT for me. The platform I'm having problems with is Horizon TV.

Has anyone got any fix for this?

Thanks.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,318 Pathfinder
    pkw said:
    I'm experiencing video issues on a streaming platform in Chrome with my Acer R13 (videos have pixelisation). Apparently, this is a known issue and a workaround is to disable video acceleration in Chrome flags. The problem with this is that it makes the videos stutter. It's very annoying. It's disappointing that despite the Chromebook being released in 2016 there's still no fix. I've looked around for any Chrome extensions which would allow reducing quality etc. but all of them seem to be made for Netflix or YouTube. By the way, the problem doesn't occur in YT for me. The platform I'm having problems with is Horizon TV.

Thanks.
    You need to update your graphic card driver .
    For amd go in official amd driver site 
    For nvidia go in official nvidia driver site 

You need to select your graphic when you open official driver site of your graphic card company.
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • pkw
    pkw Member Posts: 69 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    pkw said:

Thanks.

You need to select your graphic when you open official driver site of your graphic card company.
    Thanks. It's a chromebook so there are no such things as "drivers" to download.  :3
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,318 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020
    pkw said:
    pkw said:

Thanks.

Thanks. It's a chromebook so there are no such things as "drivers" to download.  :3
    Good point .
    Then set your power plan to high performance 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566