How to Update Intel CSME to 13.0.21.1314?

sourc7
sourc7 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I use Acer Swift 3 SF314-57G, the factory firmware version is 1.07. I download the firmware from https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8105?b=1&pn=NX.HJESN.002 then upgrade to version 1.12 to update ME to 13.0.21.1314 for Security update.

The firmware successfully upgraded to version 1.12. But when I checked using HWiNFO64 and Intel(R) CSME Version Detection Tool, the Intel(R) CSME version is still 13.0.0.1082. How do I upgrade it to version 13.0.21.1314? 

Best Answer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    sourc7 said:
    Hi, I use Acer Swift 3 SF314-57G, the factory firmware version is 1.07. I download the firmware from https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8105?b=1&pn=NX.HJESN.002 then upgrade to version 1.12 to update ME to 13.0.21.1314 for Security update.

The firmware successfully upgraded to version 1.12. But when I checked using HWiNFO64 and Intel(R) CSME Version Detection Tool, the Intel(R) CSME version is still 13.0.0.1082. How do I upgrade it to version 13.0.21.1314? 

Hello sourc7,

I am very sorry to hear this, please check the pm i have sent you for follow up.

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny

Answers

• LeoLOST23
    LeoLOST23 Member Posts: 38 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    I have the same question but i wanna know how to update an Acer A515-54G with an i5-10210u... Anyone?
  • After the update, it is recommended to press f9 to restore the bios and then f10 to save on exit. This will fix any bugs that remain during the update. Then check the ME version.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sourc7

Tinkerer

After the update, it is recommended to press f9 to restore the bios and then f10 to save on exit. This will fix any bugs that remain during the update. Then check the ME version.
    I tried it, but the Intel(R) CSME version is still 13.0.0.1082. Do we have to manually update Intel(R) CSME using Acer ME update tool?

Previously Acer has release post about updating Intel ME for Intel 6th, 7th, & 8th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Family https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51890. But hasn't released post yet for the Intel(R) 10th Generation Processor.
  • What happens when you update the bios to version 1.16? Regarding your question, it would be interesting to ask Acer support, if they will update the ME firmware. I will even report that the version did not update the ME firmware to 13.0.21.1314
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sourc7

Tinkerer

What happens when you update the bios to version 1.16? Regarding your question, it would be interesting to ask Acer support, if they will update the ME firmware. I will even report that the version did not update the ME firmware to 13.0.21.1314
    Most current BIOS/Firmware version for Acer SF314-57G is 1.13. I tried update the firmware from 1.12 to version 1.13. But the Intel(R) CSME version is still same (13.0.0.1082). I'll try contact the Acer Support for the assistance.
  • It is really strange. However, whenever updating the bios, it is recommended to restore it by pressing f9 and then f10. Do this and then check that the ME firmware version is still the same.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Answer ✓
    sourc7 said:

Hello sourc7,

I am very sorry to hear this, please check the pm i have sent you for follow up.

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
  • sourc7

Tinkerer

edited March 2020
    sourc7 said:

Hello sourc7,

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
    Thank you Acer-Manny for the PM, after the BIOS was updated to version 1.13, then I manually upgrade the Intel(R) CSME firmware XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (thanks Acer-Manny). 

The Intel(R) CSME firmware successfully updated to version 13.0.21.1314.

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Jus be aware that the link is not permanent...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • LeoLOST23
    sourc7 said:

Hello sourc7,

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
    Hi, Acer-Manny. I have the same issue but with an Aspire A515-54G. I have version 14.0.0.1061 of the Intel Converged Security and ME. I recently updated the BIOS to version 1.17 but i still have a vulnerable system. How can i update my CSME? Can you tell me? Thanks in advance!
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    LeoLOST23 said:
    sourc7 said:

Hello sourc7,

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
    Hi, Acer-Manny. I have the same issue but with an Aspire A515-54G. I have version 14.0.0.1061 of the Intel Converged Security and ME. I recently updated the BIOS to version 1.17 but i still have a vulnerable system. How can i update my CSME? Can you tell me? Thanks in advance!
    I am very sorry to hear this, please check the private message i have sent you for better assistance.  

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
  • LeoLOST23
    LeoLOST23 said:
    sourc7 said:

Hello sourc7,

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
    I am very sorry to hear this, please check the private message i have sent you for better assistance.  

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
    Hi! After hours of searching, I finally did it! I found how to update the firmware at this site: win-raid. I updated the CSME to 14.0.31.1120 and now my system isn't vulnerable anymore! Thanks!
  • LeoLOST23
    Here's how i did it:
    You can follow the instructions given in this site: https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html
    It's a little bit complicated, but not impossible.