No LCD overdrive option

Options
Eslaeo
Eslaeo Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,

I have a problem with my Predator Helios 300 PH317-53. The screen (a B173HAN04.7 according to HWiNFO) has a really high response time and I can see ghosting, so I would like to enable LCD Overdrive. However this option isn't in the "advanced settings" menu of PredatorSense (the software is in french):

It is specified the Predator Helios is supposed to have it, so how can I enable LCD Overdrive on my laptop?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is your computer model? Example PH317-53-58vh.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Not all all  models displays have this feature enabled neither support it have u tried reinstalling ps usually if its not showing in the options its because its not supported 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Eslaeo

Tinkerer

edited March 2020
    Options
    The exact model is PH317-53-71BF, I already tried to reinstall PredatorSense but it doesn't change anything. It was specified when I bought this laptop that Overdrive was provided, and it is also specified in the manual and on the little sticker below the keyboard, so I don't understand why I don't have this option...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Check here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\PredatorSense\AdvanceSettings

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Eslaeo

Tinkerer

edited March 2020
    Options
    This is what I have:

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In LCD_Overdrive_support and LCDOVERDRIVE, type 1

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Eslaeo

Tinkerer

Options
    In Predatorsense now I can see "LCD overdrive" is enabled, but it doesn't seem to do anything... I also tried to restart the computer but nothing changes.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Does your model really have this seal?

Can you send a picture of the predator with the overdrive enabled?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Eslaeo

Tinkerer

Options
    My model is a 120Hz display so the seal is different, but it is still written "with Overdrive" below it:

Here's a screenshot of how PredatorSense looks like now:

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I suggest you check out what overdrive means: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Response_Time_Compensation

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Eslaeo

Tinkerer

edited March 2020
    Options
    I know what Overdrive means, it is supposed to reduce the blur (or ghosting/trailing) created when a pixel changes its state. And this is the problem I have: moving objects on my screen get a lot of blur (more than on my previous screens); on the UFO Ghosting test set to 960 pixels per second, I can see around 5mm of trailing when I follow the UFOs with my eyes.

Here are some pictures (with the UFO Ghosting test and EIZO response time test):

I know these are not really representative since my smartphone camera isn't precise.

There is only one review of this screen (the B173HAN04.7) on notebookcheck and you can see that the response time is not really great...
    How can I reduce this blur?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I am not sure if this version of the bios will solve the problem:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Eslaeo said:
    My model is a 120Hz display so the seal is different, but it is still written "with Overdrive" below it:

Here's a screenshot of how PredatorSense looks like now:

Eslaeo said:
    Hello,

I have a problem with my Predator Helios 300 PH317-53. The screen (a B173HAN04.7 according to HWiNFO) has a really high response time and I can see ghosting, so I would like to enable LCD Overdrive. However this option isn't in the "advanced settings" menu of PredatorSense (the software is in french):

It is specified the Predator Helios is supposed to have it, so how can I enable LCD Overdrive on my laptop?
    Hi Eslaeo,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience, can you please send me a private message with the serial number so i can take a look into this for you?

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny