Question about xb273kgp monitor

MinäMinä
MinäMinä Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
Hi, how do i set up 4k 144hz? i have both displayport cables connected to my computer but windows thinks it is 2 separate monitors instead of one.

Best Answer

• MinäMinä

Tinkerer

edited September 2020 Answer ✓
    if anyone else runs into this problem you can't have other monitors connected via DP only hdmi because otherwise the connection flips out for some reason and keeps flickering the screen.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020
    Hi, how do i set up 4k 144hz? i have both displayport cables connected to my computer but windows thinks it is 2 separate monitors instead of one.
    Connect only 1 DP cable. Post that change the resolution and go to your graphics card control panel to change the refresh rate..
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • MinäMinä

Tinkerer

Thanks for anwser :) But theres only 120hz option with one dp cable because it's the native refresh rate and the manual says that if i want oc the monitor to 4k 144hz i need to have both dp cables connected. 
  • RON60559
    RON60559 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I had the same problem.  Reverse the cables either at the monitor or at the video card, but not both.  This should get you 4K 144 Hz.  Post back if this causes you to loose "setup G-sync" in Nvidia control panel.  This happened to me and I can't get it back.
  • MinäMinä

Tinkerer

Hey :)  Ok that worked and now it shows only one monitor. But i got all the way to the point of changing the hz in nvidia control panel to 144hz but then the screen just started to flash alot until i unplug one of the dp cables. Could you explain step by step how to do it? because the manual doesn't explain how to do it. just says that i need to have both cables plugged... Thanks for help btw :)
  • Guitarboarder
    Guitarboarder Member Posts: 3 New User
    I’m having this exact same issue. So, when I would plug in two cables to the back of my GEFORCE 2080 SUPER’s display ports I would get a super “zoomed in” looking display which basically put the start menu and anything else out of my mouses reach. I had to start in safe mode to delete the graphics driver, and restart. This seemed to fix the issue and after restarting and logging into windows normally I was running at 4K/ 144hz. This seemed to be the end of the problem, until I reinstalled the newest driver from Nvidia. After it installed and restarted the machine to complete the install, I was back to a super wide field of view again. I went through this process 3 x before I restarted windows a 4th time without deleting the drivers and starting over. And when I signed in, all appeared well. 
    So, my final question is, am I getting these results because the order of display ports aren’t matching up? Does it even matter? 
     Ie: DP1 input connected to DP1 output on the graphics card, and DP2 input connected to DP2 output on the graphics card?
    if it DOES matter, does anyone know the order of priority on my graphics card? Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER? There doesn’t appear to be a clear distinction made in the manual, just that there are a total of 3 available...thanks for any help! 
  • MinäMinä

Tinkerer

edited September 2020 Answer ✓
    if anyone else runs into this problem you can't have other monitors connected via DP only hdmi because otherwise the connection flips out for some reason and keeps flickering the screen.