Answers

• TSS
    TSS Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Here it is:

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you show the SPD tab?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TSS
    Options
    Here you go:
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you put two 16gb memories in the white slots and two 8gb memories in the black slots, does it work?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TSS
    Options
    No it wont power up
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,006 Trailblazer
    edited March 2020
    Options

Firstly, your Aspire G3-710 is upgradable to these specs that you can have:
    1. Memory - Maximum Memory: 64GB *Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory. Slots: 4 Standard Memory: 8GB removable. Comes OEM with 16GB RAM.
    2. Storage - SATA Version: SATA 3 - 6Gb/s
    3. Chipset - Intel Z250
    4. You can have this RAM in your G3-710:  Ballistix Sport AT 64GB Kit (4 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 UDIMM gaming memory (part # BLS4K16G4D26BFST) DDR4 PC4-21300 • 16-18-18 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR4-2666 • 1.2V • 2048Meg x 64 •

You must be using the wrong RAM. Give us the GPUz “SPD" specs of Slot #1 and Slot #2 with your OEM 8GB RAM installed! As that is the exact specs of the RAM that works with your motherboard. Then, give us the specs of your NEW RAM like I've given above for the Crucial RAM.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I'm out of ideas at the moment. I will ask some ACE colleagues to check this topic

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TSS
    edited March 2020
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    Firstly, your Aspire G3-710 can only have 32GB max RAM, that is why 64GB RAM is not working, this is the upgradable specs that you can have:
    1. Memory - Maximum Memory: 32GB *Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory. Slots: 2 (2 banks of 1) Standard Memory: 8GB removable.
    3. Chipset - Intel Z170
    4. You can have this RAM in your G3-710:  2x Crucial 16GB DDR4-2666 UDIMM DDR4 PC4-21300 • CL=19 • Dual Ranked • x8 based • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR4-2666 • 1.2V • (part #: CT16G4DFD8266)

Give us the GPUz "Memory" and then the  "SPD" specs of Slot #1 and Slot #2 with your OEM 8GB RAM installed! As that is the exact specs of the RAM that works with your motherboard. Then, give us the specs of your NEW RAM like I've given above for the Crucial RAM.

On the specs for my exact model (after typing in serial number on the Australian Acer site) it says the following? I'm confused!

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hello @TSS

It's really easy to solve your problem.

1.  Call or email Kingston Technical Support and tell them what computer you have, the ram parts that you bought, and tell them the problem that you're having.
    2.  Ask Kingston how you should proceed.  Ask them if you should return the ram, and if so, what ram parts should you buy.  Feel free to copy/paste what I wrote in this post in your email to Kingston.  See link below.

https://www.kingston.com/us/support

The link below shows Kingston ram parts that Kingston says is compatible with your G3-710. 

https://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search?model=94812&devicetype=2&mfr=ACE&line=Aspire

I'm attaching the official Acer memory specs for your Kaby Lake Acer G3-710

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • TSS
    Options
    StevenGen said:

Firstly, your Aspire G3-710 is upgradable to these specs that you can have:
    1. Memory - Maximum Memory: 64GB *Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory. Slots: 4 Standard Memory: 8GB removable. Comes OEM with 16GB RAM.
    3. Chipset - Intel Z250
    4. You can have this RAM in your G3-710:  Ballistix Sport AT 64GB Kit (4 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 UDIMM gaming memory (part # BLS4K16G4D26BFST) DDR4 PC4-21300 • 16-18-18 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR4-2666 • 1.2V • 2048Meg x 64 •

You must be using the wrong RAM. Give us the GPUz “SPD" specs of Slot #1 and Slot #2 with your OEM 8GB RAM installed! As that is the exact specs of the RAM that works with your motherboard. Then, give us the specs of your NEW RAM like I've given above for the Crucial RAM.

Here are the screenshots:

• TSS
    Options
    I've been in contact with 2 x Australian Acer departments regarding this. Both have said they need to investigate why. I will ring Kingston on Tuesday (as Monday is a public holiday here).

Thanks.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    The only time in the past that I saw a similar issue we traced it to PSU issue. When loaded with ram it wouldn't work at all when loaded up to half way it worked fine. Your PSU is a new one, what happens if you put the old one back in? The new one might be having issues...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TSS
    Options
    billsey said:
    The only time in the past that I saw a similar issue we traced it to PSU issue. When loaded with ram it wouldn't work at all when loaded up to half way it worked fine. Your PSU is a new one, what happens if you put the old one back in? The new one might be having issues...
    Hi. That is why I put in a new PSU. It did the same thing on the old one :(
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Just as a test, what happens when you disconnect the offboard video card and then install the four 16gb rams?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TSS
    Options
    I ended up just  giving up - never heard back from either Acer department. Left it running at 32GB and upgraded my sons computer to 32 GB with the spare RAM. So ***** frustrating.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,006 Trailblazer
    Options
    This is very unusual that the specified RAM of 64GB max does not work? Your 4x 16GB DDR4-2400 is what is specified by Acer for the Predator G3-710 and should work. The stats that I've quoted above are from Crucial which are usually spot on and correct. 
    Also check the following:
    1. Have you updated the Predator G3-710 BIOS to the latest, dated 2018/11/13 and vR02-B2? 
    2. Have you run your system with the "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant" here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html to see if your Intel chipset driver is up to date?
    3. Make sure that In the BIOS "
    Advanced Chipset Features" > Memory Remap Feature is "Enabled" 

Note: If that does not work then look at other options here: https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-windows-10-not-using-full-ram/
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020
    Options
    TSS said:
    I ended up just  giving up - never heard back from either Acer department. Left it running at 32GB and upgraded my sons computer to 32 GB with the spare RAM. So ***** frustrating.
    Hello @TSS

Unfortunately none of us are true experts when it comes to ram.  That’s why I was hoping you’d contact the Kingston technical support dept.  They are ram experts. 

In the past, when someone has had a similar problem, it was due to a chip density problem.  In the cases that I can remember, Crucial Customer Support told them they bought the wrong ram with wrong density or they were trying to mix density and the mainboards didn’t like it. 

I’m not saying that’s what happened with your “value ram”.  I simply don’t know.  The experts in the Kingston technical support dept could have told you, but for some reason you declined to email them. 

The articles in the links below describe problems that can occasionally/rarely occur with wrong density or mixing densities. 

Both Kingston and Cruical have full time paid technical support departments and sales departments and can give the exact guaranteed parts that will work in your Acer predator Kaby lake G3-710.  Good luck.  

https://www.crucial.com/support/articles-faq-memory/store-memory-chip-density-compatibility-price

I'm not an Acer employee.