Ctrl key sometimes doesn't work Helios 300 PH317-52-72NQ

drale
drale Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi,

on my Predator Helios 300 ctrl key sometimes doesn't work. That's happening sometimes when I use combination of three or four keys for example ctrl+alt+shift+S in Photoshop. 
I'm think it's software problem because no matter I press it harder or softer. I tried to reinstall keyboard driver in Device manager but without success.

Please help

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited March 2020
    Hi drale,
    Both the ctrl keys are not working? if normally the keys are working and if its not working on combination alone then its the software issue. more over you have reinstalled the drivers also so check with the photoshop software. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Does this only happen in photoshop?

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• drale
    edited March 2020
    andylb said:
    Does this only happen in photoshop?
    No, it makes me problem in InDesign also
  • drale
    There is one more problem. 
    ctrl+alt+shift+F can't press at all (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Indesign, Illustrator) but other combination works like ctrl+alt+shift+D or ctrl+alt+shift+M...
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    drale said:
    ctrl+alt+shift+F can't press at all (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Indesign, Illustrator) but other combination works like ctrl+alt+shift+D or ctrl+alt+shift+M...

So its not the prob with the physical keys. Try the steps below. 
    1. Open the Start menu.
    2. Find the application in the All Programs menu.
    3. Right-click the desired program file and choose “Properties”
    4. In the Properties dialog, find the text box labeled “Shortcut key”
    5. Click in the text box and enter a key that you wish to use in your hotkey. ...
    6. Click "OK"
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • drale
    christy1 said:
    drale said:

So its not the prob with the physical keys. Try the steps below. 
    1. Open the Start menu.
    2. Find the application in the All Programs menu.
    3. Right-click the desired program file and choose “Properties”
    4. In the Properties dialog, find the text box labeled “Shortcut key”
    5. Click in the text box and enter a key that you wish to use in your hotkey. ...
    6. Click "OK"
    christy1 I think you made some mistake. Please take a look

• It would be interesting if you provided the model of the computer. example ph317-52-58vh.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • drale
    drale said:
    This is a windows problem https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/676325/ctrl-alt-shift-f-no-longer-working.html
  • drale
    It would be interesting if you provided the model of the computer. example ph317-52-58vh.
    PH317-52-72NQ
  • Do ctrl keys work on this site? https://www.keyboardtester.com/tester.html
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • drale
    I tried this, it works like on other programs. Sometimes don't
  • I don't think it's related to your problem, but what happens when you change the function key behavior function in bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• manikjee40
    manikjee40 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have PT315-15 and ctrl key don't work sometimes. I use ctrl+c, ctrl+v frequently, so it is very annoying for me to press same key for two or three time.
    when I press ctrl+c then it simply write c in my notepad, so I thought ctrl is not working sometimes, also for all application it happens.