Predator Z321QU Panel Replacement Vendor

jko23
jko23 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
So I've recently had some terrible luck. I purchased a Predator Z321QU in early January,

Link here: 
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-Z321QU-bmiphzx-Technology/dp/B07BDQNDKY 

And so far I have absolutely loved it. Until last week when my little brother threw a rubber ball at me to get my attention, completely missed me and hit my new monitor. Aaaaaaand craked the panel. Didn't even have the monitor for two months. 

Fast forward to talking to customer service and I was told that they can't service my monitor or sell me on OEM panel replacement. As you can imagine I was very frustrated as I just bought it and they offered very little help for one of their flagship monitors. So much for "premium support." They did give me two different retailors and told me they could sell me the panel, and the panel number (KL.31506.006) but after I contacted them neither of them even carried it. 

I looked up the panel number on google and wasn't able to find much, but I did find these two vendors:

Link: https://www.sourceitstore.com/product/kl-31506-006/
Link: https://www.zandparts.com/en/Acer-KL.31506.006 

But with a price tag of $671 and $575 (adjusted to USD) I just can't afford it right after buying this monitor. Plus with prices that high I may as well just buy a monitor in that price range. So this brings me to my question: Does anyone know a better place where I can order the panel, or somewhere where I can have it repaired. Replacing it myself doesn't scare me, as I repaired iPhone screens all throughout high school and college. I just need to find a panel. 

If anyone can help at all or can just offer any advice I would really appreciate it! I want to do anything possible to not just lose out on this monitor I saved up for. 

Thank you!

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    This can often be a problem when the new models arrive, it takes a while before parts are easily available and the first vendors to have them charge full retail for any parts. After the system has been around for a while more of the distributors will have the parts and they'll start becoming a bit more price competitive, plus after a while some of the parts will show up on the refurbished market and they'll also be more reasonable.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• No image is displayed on the Panel? Can you send a picture of the accident?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    This can often be a problem when the new models arrive, it takes a while before parts are easily available and the first vendors to have them charge full retail for any parts. After the system has been around for a while more of the distributors will have the parts and they'll start becoming a bit more price competitive, plus after a while some of the parts will show up on the refurbished market and they'll also be more reasonable.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.