'No Audio Output Device is Installed' on Acer Swift SF315-52

Options
chrome409
chrome409 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I've had this error for 2 days where it says 'No Audio Output Device is Installed'. I have went to the acer support site and downloaded the correct audio driver for my laptop, but once it has downloaded and my laptop restarts I still get this message. Anyone have an idea on what to do? Any help appreciated

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,502 Trailblazer
    Options
    Does that change if you plug a set of headphones in? It sounds like it's not seeing the speakers for some reason.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • chrome409
    Options
    billsey said:
    Does that change if you plug a set of headphones in? It sounds like it's not seeing the speakers for some reason.
    Nope even with headphones I get the same message
  • billsey
    Options
    OK, so it's more likely to be a software or drivers issue than hardware. Fire up Device Manager and show us a capture of the Audio Inputs and Output section.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • chrome409
    Options
    billsey said:
    OK, so it's more likely to be a software or drivers issue than hardware. Fire up Device Manager and show us a capture of the Audio Inputs and Output section.
    There isn't any Audio section, or the 'Sound, video and games controllers' section which a lot of people have. 
  • chrome409
    Options
    chrome409 said:
    billsey said:
    There isn't any Audio section, or the 'Sound, video and games controllers' section which a lot of people have. 
    Oh no sorry my bad, I had to enable 'show hidden devices' and now it's appeared. Any ideas on what to do next?

P.S my laptop has realtek audio 
  • billsey
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Bring up properties on the Realtek and see what it thinks.
  • chrome409
    Options
    billsey said:
    Bring up properties on the Realtek and see what it thinks.
     This is what I get. By the way, the driver version listed on the properties isn't the version given for my model on the acer support site. I've already ran the installer for the once acer gives, but after it prompts a restart, nothing changes. I'm thinking of uninstalling the realtek driver and then installing the one on the acer support site. 
  • billsey
    Options
    Yeah, that's a good next step. When removing the driver check the box that removes the files, then install the Acer version before rebooting, or else the reboot will just reinstall these ones.
  • chrome409
    Options
    billsey said:
    Yeah, that's a good next step. When removing the driver check the box that removes the files, then install the Acer version before rebooting, or else the reboot will just reinstall these ones.
    Driver doesn't uninstall, I left it over 6 hours and it still wasn't done. Have no idea what to do anymore
  • billsey
    Options
    Try booting in safe mode so the driver doesn't get loaded, then uninstall.