The printer had worked for my Acer Aspire, laptopsprinter suddenly stopped printing wirelessly

Options
Richie1027
Richie1027 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in Aspire Laptops
Been printing wirelessly to HP officejet pro 6960 for 1.5 years.  The printer had worked for my Acer Aspire, my Ipad, my wifes HP computer and a generic desktop.
It suddenly stopped printing about a month ago.  A signal is sent (you can hear the printer begin to engage) and then it stops and no error messages occur.  If i look at
the print status, it is always blank as if it never received a print request, but a signal is def. reaching the printer.   I checked Acer driver updates as well as HP 6960 driver
updates.   All is up to date.    I've not installed any new programs that may be conflicting.  In network connections, settings and printer status, all appears normal and diagnostics
on printer and laptop wireless all come back ??????  no problem found.           Any suggestions?   Thank you very much

[Edited the title to add model name ]

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,120 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Give this a try, go to Settings, click Network and Internet tile, click WiFi in the left pane, click Manage known networks in the right pane, click any network you don't recognise(probably neighbours') and click Forget, do this for all unknown networks except yours, reboot and see whether it helps.

• Richie1027

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you for the prompt and excellent suggestion. That was one area in windows i never visited.   i deleted around 7-8 unused networks and kept just my wifi.        rebooted and again, when i did the test print, the printer came out of sleep, the ink bar moved and sounded like it was going to print, but it didn't.   i tried printing from wordperfect, MS word and Windows notepad.   same deal.   When I check Printer status, there were no documents pending.

Before I wrote you, I did a side by side comparison with my wifes HP laptop, which prints fine on the HP6960.   One difference was in the Printer properties under LOCATION.  Mine was   http://10.0.0.88:3911 and her laptop was  http://[fe80::86a9:3eff:fef6:eec3]:3911.

So i backed up both locations and tried her location url.    Same response as above.   When i clicked "print", the printer woke up, began to prepare for printing then just stopped.

I'd certainly welcome any other suggestions.   very puzzling.     In any event, I want to thank you for your reply.   I belong to a number of forums for music and other devices, and I don't always get a reply.   I'm impressed.  
    Dr. Laban

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,120 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    No problem, I would suggest you to reinstall Printer driver after downloading from HP support, if that doesn't help, connect the printer with USB cable and create a new WIFI setup as if you are setting up Printer for the first time.
    https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-6960-all-in-one-printer-series/8289579
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,006 Trailblazer
    Options
    As colleague brummyfan2 said, I would completely uninstall the current driver through "Control Panel > Uninstall a program" and also see if there are any traces of any drivers in "Device Manager >Print ques" and delete all those, reboot and see if a Win-10 driver is reinstalled, if not then, reinstall the current HP 6960 driver and try again. This happened to me also with a Brother HL-L2350DW Mono Laser Wireless Printer + Duplex and this is what I did and it solved the problem. 
  • Richie1027

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks to you both.  here's what i did before i just read your suggestions.    I looked at the atheros driver in device manager under qualcomm.  The driver was 12.xxx.     the newest driver on the Acer site, as i may have written, was 2017.  So i went to the Qualcomm folder in program(x86)  and virtually all files were dated 2015.    i saw a youtube video describing what StevenGen suggested,  uninstall, and then have windows reinstall.  As a backup, I downloaded the qualcomm atheros driver specific to my laptop by serial number and SNID.     I wanted to make sure that the qualcomm was indeed uninstalled.   After uninstalling in device manager, i went back to program(x86) and the Qualcomm folder and all subfolders, driver and files were still there.   SO i decided to unpack the zipped driver file I downloaded from  Acer and run the setup.   It set up ok, I entered network passkey and i'm again connected to internet.   I rebooted computer.   No printing, but again, the printer woke up, ink cartridges did their "slide" and then nothing.   Nothing was pending in printer queue.   My wife printed 2 pages from her HP laptop right after i tried.    
  • William_mk2
    Options

@elizabethnav

Please let us know the about the issue you are facing. We are ready to help you. Please create a new topic while addressing the issue.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

This discussion has been closed.