Acer Nitro 5 External Driver Not Found

2»

Answers

• Adaplexy
    Adaplexy Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

The one I'm using has it's own adapter. I'm thinking the driver may have a faulty connection 
  • Can you send a picture of the device manager?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Adaplexy

Tinkerer

With everything expanded or collapsed?
  • Expanded port usb and sata controller driver
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • I would like to verify this:

Also, is the sata mode in the bios in ahci or rst with optane?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Adaplexy

Tinkerer

I dont see IDE in my device manager. Where would sata mode be, I have my bios pulled up
  • In the MAIN tab of the bios.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Adaplexy

Tinkerer

It's in RST with optane
  • OK! Can you give the exact model of the notebook? Example AN515-53-78D6. I would like to know whether or not this model comes with an optane memory. If you don't see it, try changing sata mode to ahci like this:
    a) enable safe boot and restart:

b) enter the bios and change sata mode to ahci. You may need to press ctrl + s.
    Perhaps this change will make the DVD drive recognized in Windows.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Adaplexy

Tinkerer

No still nothing
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020
    So I suggest you check if the DVD DRIVE is really working on any desktop or similar.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Adaplexy

Tinkerer

Yeah and if it's not, I'm just gonna exchange it for a different one. This is my 2nd one that hasnt worked lol
  • Have you tried with a slim dvd drive? Example:
    Resultado de imagem para dvd slim usb

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Adaplexy

Tinkerer

I have, but it wasnt compatible for what I needed. I cant remember if it showed up or not
  • Adaplexy

Tinkerer

Have you tried with a slim dvd drive? Example:
    Resultado de imagem para dvd slim usb
    Ok went through some chat logs and yeah the slim one I bought did show up in explorer
  • You need a BLU RAY DISK drive, right?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Adaplexy

Tinkerer

yeah i do.
  • it is compatible with usb 3.1!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer