I lost access to BIOS menu after installing Manjaro Linux. 😰😰😰

mjack
mjack Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Recently I tried to install Manjaro Linux along with Windows 10 as my work related stuff need mostly Linux.
It got succes fully installed. But the problem is i cannot get in io BIOS menu anymore it showing white cursor.

The system boot Windows as automatically. But i can get into Linux by using boot menu (F12).

By the way, i m using dual SSD setup one in m2 slot (Windows) another one in SATA (Linux). 
How can i get back my access to BIOS menu ???
BIOS Version was 1.23

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020
    I have seen a similar problem. Can you access uefi through windows?
    Resultado de imagem para uefi windows
    Also, access windows and disable fast startup in the power options.
    Oi! Eu nĂŁo sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuĂĄrios da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemĂŁ, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mjack
    mjack Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have seen a similar problem. Can you access uefi through windows?
    Resultado de imagem para uefi windows
    Also, access windows and disable fast startup in the power options.
    No, i can't. Tried that before
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020
    There is a user who recently posted a solution here in the community for this problem. However, I am not finding the link. Maybe this link can help you: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/cant-access-uefi-after-installing-manjaro-xfce-18-1-0/106343/10
    Oi! Eu nĂŁo sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuĂĄrios da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemĂŁ, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • benavidca
    benavidca Member Posts: 1 New User
    Has anyone gotten a solution? I cannot access the previous link
    I have the same problem too, I tried upgrading the BIOS with the software provided on the official ACER web page
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Boot to Linux delete as root grubx64.efi (should be in boot/EFI) after that you will be able to access the BIOS
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Oi! Eu nĂŁo sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)Â