Acer Nitro 5 Screen 5 Loose in between hinges on the bottom

Options
MoT820
MoT820 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Recently, I was using my laptop and all of a sudden noticed that the frame was coming off the screen of my laptop in the middle of the frame between the bottom hinges and that the laptop screen/frame was moving/bending much more when pressed gently against. I have never dropped the laptop or put any physical pressure on it; I always kept it in a laptop case to ensure it was protected when taking it anywhere. The screen isn't damaged but the looseness of the frame and how much the frame/screen part bends when lightly applying pressure worries me. 

I don't have my warranty anymore because it was 3 months long due to this being a refurbished laptop. How can I fix this problem or prevent anything bad from happening?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you give the exact model of the notebook? Example AN515-51-75KZ and send a picture of the hinge with problems?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MoT820
    Options
    Model Number is AN515-51-56U0.

Attached are the pictures and in those pictures I'm applying a slight pressure from the back of the laptop screen and you can see the bezel(frame) lifting off the screen where the tape is.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Watch this video from 11:00 minutes:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MoT820
    Options
    So should I take out the entire bezel with a pry tool and remove the stoppers and attach it again like shown in the video?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,775 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020
    Options
    It is not necessary. Try just pressing as is shown in the video, to check if the at attach return to place again.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MoT820
    Options
    I tried snapping it back in place (without taking off the entire bezel) multiple times and its the same problem
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is your notebook still under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer