Swift 14 SF314-58 - Linux Mint 19.3

Options
jacobvdschaaf
jacobvdschaaf Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 20 in 2020 Archives
I bought a Swift 14 SF314-58 recently and tried to install Linux Mint. Succeeded with SATA mode in AHCI but result is No Internet Connetion. How can I solve this?
Can anyone adcice?

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Do you have any wireless usb devices? That way, you could have access to internent and try to update the drivers in mint.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ed4myra
    ed4myra Member Posts: 80 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    check in windows device manager the wifi device that you have. Probably you have the new Intel AX200-201 which is supported since Linux kernel 5.1+.
    Your Linux Mint has kernel 5.0, that's why the wifi driver for that device was not included.

You can do the following; choose another Linux version like Ubuntu 19.10 which has a newer kernel.
    If you wanna stick to Linux Mint, get a network connection, the easier way with no driver problems is a usb-to-ethernet adapter and connect the ethernet cable to your router. You can then google search for "ubuntu wifi ax200" to find out how to backport install the wifi driver and rebuild your older kernel with this driver.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you provide the model of the wireless network card?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jacobvdschaaf
    Options
    Hi Egydio: for your info: I installed Mint besides W10. With W10 I do have an internet connection but not if I reboot with Mint.
    MInt works perfectly on my older Lenovo Ideapad S300.
    With the Swift 3 SF314-58 there seems to be a driver missing that is not on the bootable Mint version on usb stick. It seems to me that my problem with Mint on Acer is not a hardware problem but somewhere in the software or bootmenu?
    regards, Jacob
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Do you have any wireless usb devices? That way, you could have access to internent and try to update the drivers in mint.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ed4myra
    ed4myra Member Posts: 80 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    check in windows device manager the wifi device that you have. Probably you have the new Intel AX200-201 which is supported since Linux kernel 5.1+.
    Your Linux Mint has kernel 5.0, that's why the wifi driver for that device was not included.

You can do the following; choose another Linux version like Ubuntu 19.10 which has a newer kernel.
    If you wanna stick to Linux Mint, get a network connection, the easier way with no driver problems is a usb-to-ethernet adapter and connect the ethernet cable to your router. You can then google search for "ubuntu wifi ax200" to find out how to backport install the wifi driver and rebuild your older kernel with this driver.
  • jacobvdschaaf
    Options
    Thanks Ed. I think I can move on with your advice and explanation. Regards, Jacob