Network Controller :- The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

alfaisal1987
alfaisal1987 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
I didn't know what category I should choose, so I chose Windows 10 but my windows is 8.1

I cannot connect to a WIFI network. When I try to find a wifi, it says no connections are available, and it has an X inside a red circle. I can't the find the wireless network connection option in [control panel > Network and Internet > Network connections]. In device manager under network adapters, there is an option (other devices). I can see two options there: network controller and wirless iAP v2. There is an exclaimation mark inside a yellow circle-ish. It says : 

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
There are no compatible drivers for this device.
To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

When I try to update it:

Windows was unable to install your Network Controller
Windows could not find driver software for your device .
If you know the manufacturer of your device , you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software .

How can I fix problem? it's frsurating me

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020 Answer ✓
    egydiocoelho said:
    I would like to know this here:

The Aspire E 15 Start means nothing, it should be E15 Start ES1-512-P1SM or similar but and before you do anything, press the Fn/F3 keys simultaneously or just the F3 key, see if that activates WiFi, if not then your WiFi driver is not installed at all or properly and that is why the WiFi is not working, this is what you should have in "Device Manager" if your WiFi and BT is installed properly, this is for a V3-571G.

Otherwise and to fix do the following:
    1. Download the appropriate WiFi and BT driver on a USB thumb drive (should be either a Broadcom or Atheros, if you don't know what card it is) then open the back and see the WiFi/BT card model number and manufacturer) from your Acer site for your Aspire E 15 Start or transfer them to a folder on your desktop.
    2. Also and if you opened the back cover, inspect the WiFi/BT card and check if the card is plugged in properly (better still, unplug and replug the WiFi and BT card and make sure that its pugged in properly) make sure that the "White/Black" antenna wires and plugs are plugged in properly and correctly. 
    3. C
    ompletely uninstall the "Network Controller" and "Bluetooth" drivers from device manager.
    4. Reinstall the WiFi and Bluetooth drivers, these drivers are very easy to install as they both have a "setup.exe" and its just a matter of clicking on the "setup.exe" and wait for the installation(s) to finish.
    5. See if the WiFi and BT is shown in "Device Manager"?
    6. If not, then 
    press the Fn/F3 keys simultaneously or just the F3 key, see if that activates the WiFi and BT?
    7. If and after you have done all this and it still does not work, then, your card is faulty (which is highly unlikely) as WiFi/BT cards very rarely go wrong.

Good luck and hope this helps, cheers

Answers

• Can you give the exact model of the notebook and the wireless network card?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • alfaisal1987
    Can you give the exact model of the notebook and the wireless network card?
    Aspire E 15 Start

What is wireless network card? and why is it important to get?

Thanks for ur post

• I would like to know this here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • alfaisal1987
    egydiocoelho said:

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020 Answer ✓
    egydiocoelho said:

The Aspire E 15 Start means nothing, it should be E15 Start ES1-512-P1SM or similar but and before you do anything, press the Fn/F3 keys simultaneously or just the F3 key, see if that activates WiFi, if not then your WiFi driver is not installed at all or properly and that is why the WiFi is not working, this is what you should have in "Device Manager" if your WiFi and BT is installed properly, this is for a V3-571G.

Otherwise and to fix do the following:
    1. Download the appropriate WiFi and BT driver on a USB thumb drive (should be either a Broadcom or Atheros, if you don't know what card it is) then open the back and see the WiFi/BT card model number and manufacturer) from your Acer site for your Aspire E 15 Start or transfer them to a folder on your desktop.
    2. Also and if you opened the back cover, inspect the WiFi/BT card and check if the card is plugged in properly (better still, unplug and replug the WiFi and BT card and make sure that its pugged in properly) make sure that the "White/Black" antenna wires and plugs are plugged in properly and correctly. 
    3. C
    ompletely uninstall the "Network Controller" and "Bluetooth" drivers from device manager.
    4. Reinstall the WiFi and Bluetooth drivers, these drivers are very easy to install as they both have a "setup.exe" and its just a matter of clicking on the "setup.exe" and wait for the installation(s) to finish.
    5. See if the WiFi and BT is shown in "Device Manager"?
    6. If not, then 
    press the Fn/F3 keys simultaneously or just the F3 key, see if that activates the WiFi and BT?
    7. If and after you have done all this and it still does not work, then, your card is faulty (which is highly unlikely) as WiFi/BT cards very rarely go wrong.

Good luck and hope this helps, cheers
  • Follow the tip from colleague StevenGen and inform the exact model of your notebook.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer