Aspire e5-574G-50w9 ram and SSD compatability

Options
Yaman85
Yaman85 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire e5-574G-50w9 equipped with 4 GB DDR3L Ram.

What is the best Ram upgrade option for not having a bottleneck problem:
  1. to add a new 4 GB 
  2. to add a new 8 GB
  3. to replace the Ram with a new 8 GB * 2
Also, I want to install an SSD unit at the same time. Does this model support M2 slot? if not what is the supported SSD type for this laptop?

Thanks

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good evening Yaman85 !

As for RAM, this model supports a maximum of 16Gb (2 slots) So-DIMM DDR3L 1600Mhz

Use CPU-z to certify your installation.

As for the SSD, this model does not have an M.2 slot.
    It is only possible to exchange your HDD with a standard 2.5 "inch SSD Sata 3.
    You can also use a Caddy adapter at the location of your DVD drive to relocate your HDD.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Yaman85

Tinkerer

Options
    Dear @MaClane thank you for your informative reply, it was very helpful

I want to ask about one more thing. The disk usage in my laptop reaches 100% most of the time with only browsing and office usage, will this issue be resolved by using the Sata 3 SSD? 

Thanks again
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    There have been cases where the 100% disk problem remained on ssds. This error is in windows 10. It would be interesting to try to update windows and check if the problem persists.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Yaman85

Tinkerer

Options
    My system is already updated. Is there any suggested solution to this problem other than the update?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I suggest you check if the problem persists by disabling services and programs from windows startup:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MaClane
    Options
    Yaman85 said:
    Dear @MaClane thank you for your informative reply, it was very helpful

I want to ask about one more thing. The disk usage in my laptop reaches 100% most of the time with only browsing and office usage, will this issue be resolved by using the Sata 3 SSD? 

Thanks again

Good Morning !

The 100% disk usage error is not related to hardware but to the system and occurs in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 versions in both HDDs and SSDs.

I recommend that you do the following test:

Uninstall any installed antivirus.
    Make sure that Windows does not have any pending updates in the background.
    Update Windows to release 1909 and all drivers.
    Access MSCONFIG and disable all applications that start with the system, as well as all non-Microsoft services.

Restart and do a test.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Yaman85

Tinkerer

Options

As for the SSD, this model does not have an M.2 slot.
    It is only possible to exchange your HDD with a standard 2.5 "inch SSD Sata 3.
    You can also use a Caddy adapter at the location of your DVD drive to relocate your HDD.

MaClane thank you very much for your help

I want to ask you if I can install the new Sata 3 SSD in place of the DVD drive using the caddy instead of opening the whole device to replace the HDD, will this be Ok?

And how can I know the best caddy that suits my device?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can. However, the ideal is to connect the ssd directly to the hdd port. The hdd you can connect instead of the dvd

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MaClane
    Options
    Yes, it is not advisable.
    That's because the standard Sata port on the DVD player is only Sata 1 while the internal HDD port is Sata 3
    That way you would be limiting the capacity of the SSD

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Yaman85

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you
    The caddy should be of size 9.5mm correct?