Bios updating Aspire E5-576G

petaQ
petaQ Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi! New here, very unskilled tech-wise. 
I want to update the BIOS on my laptop (Aspire E5-576G bought March 2018) but am unsure what files I need to run and how to do it as safely as possible since I have read that misupdating a BIOS can brick a machine.
I currently show as having v1.32 from 24/10/2017 on a KBL Ironman_SK (U3E1) motherboard. Acer Product Support showed me the following files for BIOS:
-Update Intel Microcode (2019/3/22)
-Finetune DRAM compabitility (2018/9/18)
-BIOS update (2018/5/24)
-Fix ME security issue by updating to 11.8.50.3399 (2017/12/14)
-Update GOP to 1066 and vibos to 1051.2... (2017/9/27)
Can anyone help me to understand what file(s) I need to download and how I can safely update in case of a problem?

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Go here and click the BIOS Tab download v 1.49  https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7333?b=1
    BIOS updates are essential for the correct operation of your system and most are only issued when important. Follow the correct procedure and all should be good. 
    Update to v 1.49 it contains all other updates so it is the only one you need, download and unzip to a new folder. make sure your battery is fully charged and your Power adapter is plugged directly into a wall socket (no extension cords). Disable any Anti Virus programs and close all other running programs including your Web Browser. Go to the folder that you unzipped the update into and double click on the .exe file. Sit back and be patient because it can take a little time and you will get a black screen so again, be patient.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Go here and click the BIOS Tab download v 1.49  https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7333?b=1
    BIOS updates are essential for the correct operation of your system and most are only issued when important. Follow the correct procedure and all should be good. 
    Update to v 1.49 it contains all other updates so it is the only one you need, download and unzip to a new folder. make sure your battery is fully charged and your Power adapter is plugged directly into a wall socket (no extension cords). Disable any Anti Virus programs and close all other running programs including your Web Browser. Go to the folder that you unzipped the update into and double click on the .exe file. Sit back and be patient because it can take a little time and you will get a black screen so again, be patient.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• petaQ
    OH, they're all BIOS - that wasn't clear to me because of the descriptions, now I see. I'll do that now then, thanks!
  • petaQ
    All updated now, thanks for the advice.