Fn Windows keys

CarpAtWillowValley
CarpAtWillowValley Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Where can I find what each Function Key does? How do I program Fn, Windows etc keys?  Aspire TC-885   Windows 10 Home

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening CarpAtWillowValley !

By default, desktop computers do not use keyboards with "Fn" functions
    What they use, the factors are visible on the keyboard itself.
    The Fn key is blue by default.
    Then to activate a function (in blue tones), just press Fn + the key that has the function.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• CarpAtWillowValley
    CarpAtWillowValley Member Posts: 5 New User
    Both my old Desktop (HP) and my new desktop (Acer) have Ctrl, Fn, Windows and Alt keys.  In addition, the Acer keyboard - on thr right side - has another key symboled with a box containing three horizontal lines.  I would like to know how to program these.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    The function keys are activated by pressing "Fn" + the key that has the command.
    As in the example below:

Fn + F8 increases the overall volume or in applications that have access, such as media player.

The key with "3 horizontal lines" is the context menu (same function as the right mouse button)

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!