No speaker sound coming out on Acer Chromebook 14 CB3-431

ced2000
ced2000 Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello,
I hope you can help.
- My Chromebook 14 is up to date.
- But no sound coming out of speakers. Happened recently, past 2 weeks I think.
However, I can plug in a headset and I hear the sound.
- I restarted my laptop, still no sound out.

Can you help, please?
thanks.
Ced

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi!!

@ced2000

As it is a Chromebook, there is nothing to play with Audio Drivers. You stated that sound is clear from headphones. As no sound from speakers, it might be hardware issue also. As a work around, try performing Chrome OS Reset and check. Follow the below steps to perform Chrome OS Reset:- 
    1. Sign out of your Chromebook.
    2. Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r.
    3. Select Restart.
    4. In the box that appears, select Powerwash and then Continue.
    5. Follow the steps that appear and sign in with your Google Account.
      Note: The account you sign in with after you reset your Chromebook will be the owner account.
    6. Once you've reset your Chromebook:
      • Follow the onscreen instructions to set up your Chromebook.
    Even after the factory reset, if you do not get sound from speakers, contact Acer Technical Support team in your region and look for repair options. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Answer ✓
    Hi!!

@ced2000

As it is a Chromebook, there is nothing to play with Audio Drivers. You stated that sound is clear from headphones. As no sound from speakers, it might be hardware issue also. As a work around, try performing Chrome OS Reset and check. Follow the below steps to perform Chrome OS Reset:- 
    1. Sign out of your Chromebook.
    2. Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r.
    3. Select Restart.
    4. In the box that appears, select Powerwash and then Continue.
    5. Follow the steps that appear and sign in with your Google Account.
      Note: The account you sign in with after you reset your Chromebook will be the owner account.
    6. Once you've reset your Chromebook:
      • Follow the onscreen instructions to set up your Chromebook.
    Even after the factory reset, if you do not get sound from speakers, contact Acer Technical Support team in your region and look for repair options. 

• ced2000
    ced2000 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Thank you very much. I just did this, speaker still not working. so it is a hardware problems probably. thanks!
  • Balatekie
    ced2000 said:
    Thank you very much. I just did this, speaker still not working. so it is a hardware problems probably. thanks!
    You are welcome:)

• shawtybea10
    shawtybea10 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm using my friends computer, her computer is a Acer Chromebook 14 and I have just noticed that the sounds/audio is not working. When I play a YouTube video the audio Doesn't play I'm meet with a white sound from the speakers. I signed out and back in, iv'e restarted it, and I have powered it on and back off. I don't want to give her computer back with a sounds problem, so what should I do?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

With a borrowed computer you likely don't want to do a powerwash, so it's best to check with her first to see if she has data that she doesn't want removed before trying that. It might just be an issue with your profile and hers would work correctly.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MCulbertson
    MCulbertson Member Posts: 2 New User

I cannot get any notification sound for a long time now on my Acer Chromebook. I have power washed it resit it everything but no notification sound. When I try to open my sound folder it crashes I really would like some help