Acer Aspire E1-521-0694 - How do I fix a laptop that will not boot?

Options
Schad
Schad Member Posts: 24

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I tried to restore the laptop to its original configuration by hitting the F12 button during startup. The laptop was not plugged into a power source and died while the reboot was in progress. Now the laptop will not boot. It says that its "Attempting To Repair" but its been stuck on that all morning. PLEASE!!! Can someone help me? This was a gift and I really need to get it fixed!!

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is your computer model? Example AN515-51-75KZ. Have you tried pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Schad

Tinkerer

Options
    Model Number E1-521-0694.
    I have not but I will attempt that right now.
  • Schad

Tinkerer

Options
    It just goes straight back into the "Attempting to Repair" screen again
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does any option appear like this?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Schad

Tinkerer

Options
    Theres no Pin Hole anywhere near the power port. This looks to be an older model.
  • Schad

Tinkerer

Options
    I'm truly desperate right now!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does any option appear like this?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Schad

Tinkerer

Options
    It did once but has not reappeared since. And when I held down the alt+F10 button it seemed like a cursor popped up in the top left corner then went away. After that it went back to the " Attempting to Repair"
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Let the windows complete the repair.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Schad

Tinkerer

Options
    It's just been giving me that same message all morning. Do you really think it'll fix it?
  • Schad

Tinkerer

Options
    Will it be fine if I close the top? I have to go to school and need to transport it
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I suggest you let windows perform the repair, without closing the lid

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Schad

Tinkerer

Options
    I'll have to restart the process once I get to school. I'm not in a position that would allow me to leave my laptop open and unattended without it getting stolen. So I honestly don't have any other option.
  • Schad

Tinkerer

Options
    But PLEASE if you could stay on board and help me with this I would truly be indebted to you. It REALLY is that important to me.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020
    Options
    OK! Just don't let the battery power run out when you close the lid.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Schad

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you so much! I just got to school and got plugged back in. It appears to doing the same thing.  No change. But as you say I will continue to keep it plugged in and with fingers crossed hopefully Microsoft can do its thing and repair it.
  • Schad

Tinkerer

Options
    Its still stuck on the same screen. Does that sound like its really working or is it just stuck on some kind of loop?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is the spinning circle stopped or spinning?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Schad

Tinkerer

Options
    It comes ob every now and again but for the most part you don't see it
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I think windows is corrupted. Try reinstalling windows:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer