How to upgrade aspire e15 e5-571-59ax?

Options
Andra
Andra Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
First! I almost have no clue about computers, so please be patient :)
I want to make my laptop a bit better so I decided to do this myself. I googled and saw quite some YouTube videos. I still don't know which ssd suits my laptop. Is it one that's the size of it's HDD or I can get one that's smaller like 2.5"?
After a get the one that's good for my laptop, what do I have to do? Now I do not have anything on my laptop. Everything is on an external hard drive. I have my printer installed and that's pretty much it. 
I appreciate any help I'll get :) 

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    @brummyfan2 go for it

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes, you can install a 2.5 "ssd on this notebook. Then, just follow this video:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Andra
    Andra Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Yes, you can install a 2.5 "ssd on this notebook. Then, just follow this video:
    Well as far as I understood it m. 2 are more expensive so I wanted something a bit cheaper. 
    Someone said I can't even have m. 2 on mine. 
    Anyway I couldn't find any other videos but something similar to what you said and with the replacement of the hdd. 
    I thought you could write to me some stept to follow. Do I have to or what do I have to change /do so the new ssd will function? I assume it's not enough to just put it in there and that's it.
    When I said I don't know about computers I meant it. I'm a 38 year old woman with a small baby. I never worked with computers so my only help is you guys and Google :)

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In fact, the video tip works for both 2280 m2 ssds and 2.5 "ssds. Of course, you still have to have the original windows 10 provided by Acer, installed on the hdd.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)