Aspire A515-51-563W Latest BIOS Version?

JoeGoose
JoeGoose Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an Aspire A515-51-563W and would like to know which BIOS version is the latest for my laptop. Thanks!

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    As your notebook has only the intel graphics card, I think it is okay to upgrade to version 2.02. However, I would only update to version 1.20
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    JoeGoose said:
    I have an Aspire A515-51-563W and would like to know which BIOS version is the latest for my laptop. Thanks!

BIOS updates are essential for the correct operation of your system and most are only issued when important. I agree with my colleague MaClane that they can cause problems if done incorrectly. Follow the correct procedure and all should be good. 
    Update to v 2.02 it contains all other updates so it is the only one you need, download and unzip to a new folder. make sure your battery is fully charged and your Power adapter is plugged directly into a wall socket (no extension cords). Disable any Anti Virus programs and close all other running programs including your Web Browser. Go to the folder that you unzipped the update into and double click on the .exe file. Sit back and be patient because it can take a little time and you will get a black screen so again, be patient.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    I liked your attitude in helping other people. Regarding the bios update, the Acer changelog is very scarce, see:
    1. Microcode update.
    2. Update VBIOS for NV_17S_G0 (V86.08.2D.00.41) 、 NV_17S_G2 (V86.08.2D.00.42).
    3. Update Intel ME Firmware 11.8.55.3510.
    4. Add SCCM solution.
    5. Change touch pad mode from basic to advance for linux sku.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andylb
    Answer ✓
    JoeGoose said:
    I took my chances updating my BIOS to Ver. 2.02. Downloaded it an went through the process. All went smooth and my laptop started as always, no hitch! Thank you all for your help!!

Excellent!!! happy I could be of assistance and well done with the worthy cause

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    As your notebook has only the intel graphics card, I think it is okay to upgrade to version 2.02. However, I would only update to version 1.20

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon JoeGoose !

Firstly, what is the need for RAEL to update Bios?

Bios updates are extremely delicate and risky processes and should only be performed in serious cases of serious system errors or due to extreme need for correction or compatibility.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• andylb
    Answer ✓
    JoeGoose said:

BIOS updates are essential for the correct operation of your system and most are only issued when important. I agree with my colleague MaClane that they can cause problems if done incorrectly. Follow the correct procedure and all should be good. 
    Update to v 2.02 it contains all other updates so it is the only one you need, download and unzip to a new folder. make sure your battery is fully charged and your Power adapter is plugged directly into a wall socket (no extension cords). Disable any Anti Virus programs and close all other running programs including your Web Browser. Go to the folder that you unzipped the update into and double click on the .exe file. Sit back and be patient because it can take a little time and you will get a black screen so again, be patient.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• JoeGoose

Tinkerer

Thank you all for your answers. My ACER BIOS Version & Date: Insyde Corp V1.13. 11/8/2017 . So I guess I should update to Ver. 2.02?

• JoeGoose

Tinkerer

I took my chances updating my BIOS to Ver. 2.02. Downloaded it an went through the process. All went smooth and my laptop started as always, no hitch! Thank you all for your help!!
  • Has a new function been added in bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JoeGoose

Tinkerer

Hello egydiocoelho , I am not an expert or even a connoisseur in computers, just do basic operations on it so I wouldn't know. The reason I asked the original question is because I am gifting this laptop to a needy family of four who doesn't have a computer for their kids to do their homework. So what I am basically doing is to have it updated as much as I can & know to give them a nice working computer...I don't even know where to see or check if any new function was added, but I would appreciate if you tell me where I can find that information. Thanks for helping!

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    I liked your attitude in helping other people. Regarding the bios update, the Acer changelog is very scarce, see:
    1. Microcode update.
    2. Update VBIOS for NV_17S_G0 (V86.08.2D.00.41) 、 NV_17S_G2 (V86.08.2D.00.42).
    4. Add SCCM solution.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andylb
    Answer ✓
    JoeGoose said:

Excellent!!! happy I could be of assistance and well done with the worthy cause

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• JoeGoose

Tinkerer

Hello everyone. After updating the BIOS to the newest version everything continues to run very good. Looking to the "readme text", I found the following info with the update:
    Release Note:
    1. Microcode update.
    2. Update VBIOS for NV_17S_G0(V86.08.2D.00.41)¡BNV_17S_G2(V86.08.2D.00.42).
    4. Add SCCM solution.
    So it appears to coincide to what egydiocoelho provided.
    Thank you all for your kind help. I will be passing-on this laptop to the kids today. I learned a lot from this forum experience! God Bless ! :)

• JoeGoose

Tinkerer

Hello everyone. After updating the BIOS to the newest version everything continues to run very good. Looking to the "readme text", I found the following info with the update:
    Release Note:
    1. Microcode update.
    2. Update VBIOS for NV_17S_G0(V86.08.2D.00.41)¡BNV_17S_G2(V86.08.2D.00.42).
    4. Add SCCM solution.
    So it appears to coincide to what egydiocoelho provided.
    Thank you all for your kind help. I will be passing-on this laptop to the kids today. I learned a lot from this forum experience! God Bless ! :)