Aspire E 15 Recovery failure - Aspire E5-573-56RP , Model N15Q1

Options
wmxp
wmxp Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I wanted to wipe to start fresh with an Aspire E 15.
-Did the Alt+10 Recovery boot, chose to Reset the system and reinstall, appeared to be working fine but after reboot it went right back to the existing Windows installation with no changes whatsoever.
-Googled a bit, was suggested to try the USB stick recovery method. Ran the Acer support tool and proceeded to make the Factory Default recovery stick.
-Changed boot order to USB in the BIOS, stuck the flash drive in - nada, wouldn't boot from it. Right back to Windows.
-Googled again, another post they got it working by disabling Secure Boot. Did that, rebooted and it's now booting from USB.
-Recovery program loads from the flash drive, told to Reset the system - get the nice "Recovering" percentage counter on the Acer splash screen. Completes, and now I'm greeted with "No Bootable Drives" and worse off than when I started. Alt+F10 is broken also.

How do I fix this stupid mess?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model of the notebook? Did you do exactly as you are in this video?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • wmxp
    Options
    It's an Aspire E5-573-56RP , Model N15Q1

That video looks spot on in terms of the steps I took. Same Acer Care center app, same BIOS screen. I feel like the problem lies simply with broken recovery software. It's there an image file I could download to recreate the flash drive and try again?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is the windows boot manager appearing in the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • wmxp
    Options
    I did originally, but vanished after I disabled Secure Boot to get the boot order to be respected.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is the bootmode in uefi or legacy? Try enabling secure boot again.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• wmxp
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Left it on UEFI, and I did try enabling secure boot again, nada. Turning it on doesn't make the Windows Boot Manager reappear either.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does anything appear in this function?

Secureboot must be enabled.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer