Old Acer AX3400 Bios power on is not working

Options
PSSupport
PSSupport Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I have an old Acer AX3400 E4202 desktop. In the bios it has power managment and an option to power on by RTC.  I have entered a time and specified all days but the pc will not turn on at the scheduled time.   Is there something else that needs to be done in the bios or elsewehere?   I've used this function with HP computers and had no problems - is there something different about Acer computers?  I know this is an old model but we want to use it for a particular application.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked the rtc battery (cmos)?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • PSSupport
    PSSupport Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    RTC Battery is new, replaced as part of refurbishing process.  BIOS shows no issues with date and time so the new battery should be good.
    BTW, The plan is to only have the computer running 6 hours per day, on a special application
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are you connecting the desktop directly to the socket or electrical outlet? Or are you using a sinusoidal UPS?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)