Linux live usb doesn't detect HDD on Aspire 3 a315-56

Options
124»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    and but maybe i can be wrong couse i already had a kali linux in an older hdd and after 1 month it showed that INITRAMSF error and i thought the hdd was toasted but maybe it is fine and this is the system refusing the linux OS by nature.

i ll try to format the old hd whit win7 first to see if it was toasted or not
    Maybe you can change the efi partition here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • paulorcsjr
    paulorcsjr Member Posts: 50 Troubleshooter
    Options
    i just instaled the win10 on my older hdd, its not toasted like i tought.
    seems that INITRAMSF is realy that firmware problem not abble to run linux sistems like somebody already said on this forum.

anyway i ll try to install linux again and look to this option, maybe if i do the separated partitions for linux instalation 

• paulorcsjr
    Options
    now i could install parrot linux OS
    but cant start windows 10
    the boot section on bios is bugged
    i tried enabling secureboot choosing windows boot but the windows cannot start now
    on parrot instalation i created
    1 swap partition (sda3)
    1 efi partition fat32 (sda6)
    1 grub partition ext4 (sda4)
    1 ext4 parrot partition (sda5)

sda1 is microsoft efi boot
    sda2 is windows 10

but now i cant boot on windows
    im on the old hdd

my terminal <fdisk -l>

• paulorcsjr
    edited May 2022
    Options
    to change the boot file we need to activate secure boot
    choosing (efi win boot) nothing happens
    restoring default settings on secureboot we get failed bootload screen

on parrot installation i did grub partition and efi partition
    the start screen is grub

i dont know nothing about it
    i wonder if grub is growing up above the efi or maybe if i reinstall only with efi partitioning

already five months dealing with this blessing
    more five and acer should to give me a job

thanks
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @paulorcsjr Have you already checked this function?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • paulorcsjr
    Options
    yes
    like i said
    choosing (efi win boot) nothing happens
    restoring default settings on secureboot we get failed bootload screen

• paulorcsjr
    Options
    i read something about boot repair
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @paulorcsjr Have you tried asking users for the linux community?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• paulorcsjr
    edited May 2022
    Options
    im studying on hackthebox.com whit parrot HTB for now (lot of free and good content to ethical hacking learning)
    so have no patience enough to try boot windows again

lets see how long my ACER will tolerates this configuration

thank you all

• paulorcsjr
    Options
    Hello again now im installing ARCH Linux to make the @Bullet_Storm tip
    i have been trying to apply that code to make system sleep and wake before initram
    Laptop/Acer - ArchWiki (archlinux.org)

on Arch installation
    i defined efi system(fat32)/ linux root system(ext4)/ swap
    following Installation guide - ArchWiki (archlinux.org)

when installing GRUB they cannot find EFI directory

i did some commands found in linux - Cannot find EFI directory: issue with grub-install - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange
    and looking for efi with {lsblk -o NAME,PARTTYPE,MOUNTPOINT | grep -i "C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B"}
    the system find 2 efi ((the win efi partition and the new created efi partition))

so i make those suspend-to-ram bash codes but nothing happens
    some step that im missing here?

could somebody help me please?

thanks

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hello again now im installing ARCH Linux to make the @Bullet_Storm tip
    i have been trying to apply that code to make system sleep and wake before initram
    Laptop/Acer - ArchWiki (archlinux.org)

on Arch installation
    i defined efi system(fat32)/ linux root system(ext4)/ swap
    following Installation guide - ArchWiki (archlinux.org)

when installing GRUB they cannot find EFI directory

i did some commands found in linux - Cannot find EFI directory: issue with grub-install - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange
    and looking for efi with {lsblk -o NAME,PARTTYPE,MOUNTPOINT | grep -i "C12A7328-F81F-11D2-BA4B-00A0C93EC93B"}
    the system find 2 efi ((the win efi partition and the new created efi partition))

so i make those suspend-to-ram bash codes but nothing happens
    some step that im missing here?

could somebody help me please?

thanks

I still think Acer should release a new bios version, to fix this problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• paulorcsjr
    Options
    how can i get a job on acer?
  • BrainBlaze
    BrainBlaze Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I am unable to install Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS as everyone here has the same issue I can't get ubuntu to see the SSD...

I was able to get ubuntu to see the SSD when I loaded up Ubuntu Live and then updated (apt update && apt upgrade) then gparted could see my SSD. This seemed great until I did the install and once my Aspire 3 reboots I am back at the same issue where it cannot see the ssd and I am stuck at INITRAMSF problem and it seems like I am not alone.

BIOS version 1.22 and still can't do it easily... I believe in you Acer XD

• paulorcsjr
    Options
    try to make the system sleep mode and awake up
    i did this by typing systemctl suspend on terminal in the linux penboot
    waking up the system must be able to see you SSD

good luck

• paulorcsjr
    Options

Look for ssd nvme problem that seems was solved If was your case.

If helps my system have a windows but grub cant see him so he was never initialized since i install parrot.

I have 1 partition fat32 for both Efi and one separated for grub.

Was The only way that make parrot run

good luuck

• paulorcsjr
    Options

I formated parrot partition yesterday Couse was Very slow and thought that config above was ok but now is saying missing firmware and not starting...

• paulorcsjr
    Options

after this problem i just delete all old partitions on hdd but windows (that i dont open and even try to start anymore)

and make 1 swap partition/ 1 efi fat32 partition/ 1 ext4 root partition

and it works

i deserve acer give me a linux notebook and a full degree about ethical hacking to pay all headaches...

thank you up front acer.

im waiting😜

• KateBuckley
    KateBuckley Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have something that seems to work for me:

1) Create the script below as /etc/initramfs-tools/hooks/sleep2s

#!/bin/sh

PREREQ=""

prereqs()

{

echo "$PREREQ"

}

case $1 in

# get pre-requisites

prereqs)

prereqs

exit 0

;;

esac

. /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hook-functions

copy_exec /usr/sbin/rtcwake

exit 0

2) chmod 755 /etc/initramfs-tools/hooks/sleep2s

3) Create the script below /etc/initramfs-tools/scripts/init-top/sleep2s

#!/bin/sh

PREREQ=""

prereqs()

{

echo "$PREREQ"

}

case $1 in

# get pre-requisites

prereqs)

prereqs

exit 0

;;

esac

rtcwake -u -m mem --date +2s

exit 0

4) chmod 755 /etc/initramfs-tools/scripts/init-top/sleep2s

5) sudo update-initramfs -u

6) reboot

It _should_ now sleep for 2 seconds during the boot process, making the drive visible.

• radhamule10
    radhamule10 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Good post. There is a lot of information to read. Thank you for sharing such an interesting post. Ethical Hacking is the act of hacking without authorization. It involves the use of security systems to identify weaknesses in networks, breach of data, as well as then resolving problems that prevent information from being accessible without restrictions.