Acer Swift 3 - SF315-41 woke up with blank screen and keyboard lit up

Prasanna
Prasanna Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Today evening I closed my laptop after checking out some documents for an hour and when I opened the laptop lid again,it woke up with a blank screen, all lights are up, when ac adapter is connected it's charging, keyboard back lights are up and don't turn off even if I press fn + f9, tried restarting, connecting to external monitor but to no avail.Any help would be appreciated.Laptop model is SF315-41

Answers

• Prasanna
    Even tried hard resetting at the battery pin hole
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Have you verified it's not just stuck in a sleep mode? Press and hold power for 30 seconds or so to force a full power off, then try starting normally.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Prasanna
    @billsey have tried that already and now tried it again just in case, but no change
  • billsey
    OK, next step if you can is try and see if you can get any external video by connecting a monitor. Also take a look at the laptop screen really closely with a flashlight to see if the backlight has just failed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Prasanna
    I checked the screen with flashlight but I can't find anything weird, tried connecting to a monitor yesterday, but no output.I just plugged in HDMI cable,Is that all? as I am not able to use project in windows OS
  • Prasanna
    I replaced the display of laptop like some 6 months back because of some physical damage, so I am guessing the chance display failure is almost none
  • billsey
    If you are not getting any external video, and no internal either, it's more likely the problem isn't video, it's something more fundamental. :(
    Any chance you are still in warranty?
  • Prasanna
    No it's not under warranty, seems like I don't have a choice.I ll take it to the service center and see what they has to say, I just hope it's nothing major.Thanks for your time.I will update about it once it's done.
  • billsey
    Thanks, we would like to know the result.
  • Serg198
    Serg198 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi. Have you solved the problem?
  • Prasanna
    I gave it at the service center, they had it for nearly three weeks but they couldn't figure out what the problem was and they were quoting 40k (inr) for motherboard replacement.Just before the lockdown at our place( due to corona ) I gave it at a different service center, hoping there might be a chance,but due to lockdown it's delayed.Now I am just waiting for any update from them.