Aspire 3 a315-53g CPU-GPU upgrade

Savvikos
Savvikos Member Posts: 29 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
!This is an out of warranty article!
So is there a way to upgrade your gpu and cpu? currently on mx130 2gb vram and i5-8250u.
changing the motherboard or soldering is the way?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020
    You can only add up to one 16GB DDR4 laptop memory module 1866MHz or faster for a total of 20GB total DDR4 RAM. But both the CPU & GPU are soldered to the mainboard and are thus not replaceable except by using highly-specialized desoldering tools. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Savvikos
    My model comes only with one slotted 8 gb ddr4, there is no soldered ram on motherboard, if there is a possibility to change the motherboard and get one with better cpu and gpu I would like to know it  
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Then your max RAM 16GB by replacing the single 8GB module with a single 16GB module. There might be an mainboard available with a BGA socket i7-8550u cpu but no part numbers are currently available from the sources available to me. Sorry. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Savvikos said:
    So is there a way to upgrade your gpu and cpu? currently on mx130 2gb vram and i5-8250u.

Yes, its really annoying when you cant upgrade and the cpu is soldered on, as the gpu's are always soldered on and cant be changed! As JaCkE said, the only thing that you can do is get a higher spec motherboard with higher spec gpu and cpu, that is the only way to improve your Aspire 3 a315-53g as the ram is easy. Hunt around Ali Express as they have a good choce of Acer mainboards and cpus
  • Savvikos
    StevenGen said:
    Savvikos said:

Yes, its really annoying when you cant upgrade and the cpu is soldered on, as the gpu's are always soldered on and cant be changed! As JaCkE said, the only thing that you can do is get a higher spec motherboard with higher spec gpu and cpu, that is the only way to improve your Aspire 3 a315-53g as the ram is easy. Hunt around Ali Express as they have a good choce of Acer mainboards and cpus
    True and I think this the best way to go, there is the same motherboard with i7-8550u with Mx150, although it's almost the same. I don't believe that every motherboard fits in the same laptop and cooling fans need to be relocated.. There are many things you can do such as eGPU, anyway I believe this is a common question and a common article that needs a little bit of money.