Wifi keeps disconnecting on a brand new laptop (AN515-43)

LaurentR
LaurentR Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello!
I bought a new laptop on friday, have an SSD for the first time, feels amazing, no more waiting 15 minutes for the computer to start...
However I have a major issue, that I tried fixing in a lot of ways... but nothing helps.

My Wifi keeps disconnecting itself at random times, without any warning...

See, i'm not great with computer, i'm not a total novice either, so I tried checking if channels were full, if my wifi was bad at the moment, hell I even disconnected my old pc and phone from it... nothing changes.  Then I saw in the option that there was a box to tick "allow computer to deactivate wifi to save energy", i unticked it, thinking this would solve it... it didn't. My computer is literally less than 3 meters from the box. Got a fiber network, never had any internet issues before...
I set up my internet connection to make the computer connect to it whenever available, which it does, usually... however when those cuts happen, it doesnt connect back itself, i have to manually do it.

Which is particularly annoying when playing games, i get major lag spikes, random disconnects, sometimes i'm even kicked out...

It's been three days, and I'm quite mad frankly, on a 1100€ laptop i didn't expect to encounter any issues... not the first day at least.

Help, please ?

Answers

• TheTekHead
    TheTekHead Member Posts: 43 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Since this is a new laptop, did you happen to look to see if there are any driver updates? You should have 'Acer Care Center' installed, you can get to it by clicking on the up arrow on the bottom right side by where the clock is. Open it, and then run 'Update' to see if it picks up any new drivers.
  • LaurentR
    Since this is a new laptop, did you happen to look to see if there are any driver updates? You should have 'Acer Care Center' installed, you can get to it by clicking on the up arrow on the bottom right side by where the clock is. Open it, and then run 'Update' to see if it picks up any new drivers.
    I tried it, it's up to date.
    Also tried pausing the updates for 7 days, still happens.
  • HELIOShelp
    HELIOShelp Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter
    Have you tried to connect to another wifi maybe a hotspot to see if the problem will persist?
  • LaurentR
    Yeah, first thing I did actually...
    Still no sign of improvement, just had a dc 2 minutes ago. It's driving me mad.
  • TheTekHead
    TheTekHead Member Posts: 43 Devotee WiFi Icon
    LaurentR said:
    Yeah, first thing I did actually...
    Still no sign of improvement, just had a dc 2 minutes ago. It's driving me mad.
    Wi-Fi problems can be a pain to solve. I assume you have a dual band router, have you tried switching channels on the router or switching from 2.4GHz to 5GHz? Do any other devices you own also disconnect over time, such as a phone or tablet? Can you provide which model router you are using? Can you try connecting to the router with an Ethernet cable?