Nitrosense problem or laptop problem? (AN515-52-56VN)

James_13
James_13 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hey hi! I just want to ask, every time I boot my laptop, it automatically sets my brightness to 100%. I open the Nitrosense program to see what causes this and on the battery tab, it is set to High Performance which is supposed to be on the Balanced mode since I do not toggle it. This issue keeps persisting even though I reinstalled Nitrosense and the service multiple times.

Please help!

Thank You so much for your time and attention! <3 
P.S: Another Filipino user <3 

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited February 2020
    In order to save battery, you can have Windows 10 to lower the brightness automatically while battery saver is enabled.
    1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Battery
    4. Check the Lower the screen brightness while in battery saver option. 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• James_13

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    In order to save battery, you can have Windows 10 to lower the brightness automatically while battery saver is enabled.
    1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Battery
    4. Check the Lower the screen brightness while in battery saver option. 
    Ah yes I have done this option. But my problem is, when I boot my laptop, the Nitrosense program automatically toggles High Performance mode on the battery tab by itself. This is not supposed to happen since I did not configure anything to make the program automatically choose the High Performance mode and normally it should stay on the Balanced mode unless I change the mode while its on battery.
  • HELIOShelp
    HELIOShelp Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter
    Have you tried disabling nitrosense on start up?
  • James_13

Tinkerer

Have you tried disabling nitrosense on start up?
    No sir I haven't done that yet. If you may sir, can you list down the specific steps that I need to take?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Open Task Manager and click the Startup tab in the top menu, if Nitrosense is checked then uncheck it and reboot

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• James_13

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    Open Task Manager and click the Startup tab in the top menu, if Nitrosense is checked then uncheck it and reboot
    There's no nitrosense service or anything that is related to nitrosense in the startup tab of my task manager.