Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43 Not Charging When Laptop Is ON and Battery Not near full

vinsma
vinsma Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I've been experiencing this problem with my month long Acer Nitro 5 (AMD Ryzen 5 with 560X GPU).  For some reason, the following scenario would happen:
- Use laptop normally without being plugged in, until there's a significant battery usage (maybe around 70% and below)
- Go plug in laptop while its still on
- Laptop beeps a few times, you see the charging icon on Windows 10 show its charging
- After a couple seconds laptop beeps a few more times, the battery icon now shows its not charging anymore.
- The above two steps repeats a few times.  Meanwhile, the charging lights on the side of the laptop start flashing
- Eventually, it stops charging altogether, and there is a couple of orange and blue flashing lights on the side of the laptop.

What I've tried already:
- Updated BIOS to the latest (1.08)
- Uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver, and then reinstall
- Do a battery reset by holding the power button down for 12 seconds, then waiting 15 minutes before powering back on
- Open up the laptop and physically unplug the battery from the laptop and plugging it back into the motherboard.

So far, nothing has been working.  To eventually get my laptop to charge, I had to do a shutdown, and then plug the charger in.  Once the battery gets to a sufficiently high level again (around 90% or so maybe), the charging continues fine and I can use the laptop with the charger plugged in indefinitely.  The charging icon never shows that it becomes unplugged, until I go through the scenario detailed above.

Answers

• vinsma
    vinsma Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Also want to add that I've tried using different outlets and adapters as well.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    The only thing left to try is to do a fresh Windows install. Restart and press Alt + f10 immediately it starts booting up, select Keep My Files

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• SAhsanSB
    SAhsanSB Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am facing a similar issue here. Can anyone help?