How do I scan to Chromebook with a Canon MF232W?

Options
MissYvonne
MissYvonne Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
The printer and Chromebook are both on the same network. I have no problem printing but I need to scan a series of documents and I am not able to connect

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    I don't believe Epson has done a scanning app for ChromeOS yet. A workaround is to scan to a flash drive or SD card on the Epson, then move the media to your Chromebook to access the scan. The same thing might be able to be done by scanning to the cloud, then accessing the document from there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,581 Trailblazer
    Options
    @billsey >>>I don't believe Epson has done a scanning app for ChromeOS yet. >>>

What about for the OP's Canon MF232W?   :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MissYvonne
    MissYvonne Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    The printer and Chromebook are both on the same network. I have no problem printing but I need to scan a series of documents and I am not able to connect
    Thank you all I was able to download app to enable the scanning. Soooo much easier on Windows
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,581 Trailblazer
    Options
    Was it an android app or something Canon just came out with? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    JackE said:
    @billsey >>>I don't believe Epson has done a scanning app for ChromeOS yet. >>>

What about for the OP's Canon MF232W?   :)   Jack E/NJ

Heheh, at least I got the right number of syllables. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.